Thread: Calling all engineers!

Calling all engineers!

I have an amazing idea for a new product, as far as I know it has never been done before, I certainly haven't seen one anywhere. My only problem is I don't know how to make up a prototype. I have an idea that may work for making a few of the components but some of the others I'm having trouble thinking up ways to accomplish this. I have no experience with CAD and although I would love to learn I don't want someone stealing my idea before I can make it a reality. Any idea on a way to make this vision come to life?

let me know what it is,
    pm me details.

im not much for money.

since well...

I can help you out.

there are others here who can but may require a normal payment to get your designs done,
    understand this is normal and not cheap depending on the design and time to get it done.

and remember these others may know more than me,

hit me up with a pm,
    I may be able to help get you started.
    Last edited by knownothingmags; 03-26-2015 at 11:44 AM.

You're post has me kind of confused lol but I will pm you tomorrow with some details, don't know exactly how it all comes together but I'm working on it

Go to inceptionforums.com , become an insider, and ask in the insiders forum.

You idea is more likely to stay "yours" if you do that.

1) you can have an outside source draw it up for you. You pay them but no real input in relation to paintball or how it would work(assuming that it is paintball related)

2) you find someone in a similar field and pose this idea, work with him in a minor partner ship so that you can have the idea drawn up but the rights to your idea are yours & the person is only paid for his work.

3) you take your idea, grab some books about mechanical drawing, maybe even take a few class at your local annex, learn how to draw yourself. Get some cheap CAD software, spend the time, effort and get your product out in a timely but totally controlled kind of way as you are hands on in everyway. Then have it prototyped(3D printing is great and cheap for that), see how it works, then you can find a machinist make your dreams a reality.

Basically, if you want total controll, it will take time and effort on your part to do it. Otherwise, you will have to spend much time and money trying to get this done and that is even if you can partner up with someone who would be willing and understand what you are trying to do.

I know one person can design a frame for paintball, anything you want, but before one chip flies at the CNC machine, you will be paying them $300-400 for their time. Then you will have to pay the machine shop, and the number of frames to cost is huge difference. The less you want, the more they charge.

So if you are serious, i can put you in touch with all those people and maybe we can see your idea come to fruition, but be expected to spend time, MONEY & effort to even see this through.

Thank you for the advice guys, I probably will join that forum going_home. I'm liking idea #3 as well Nobody as that leaves me in total control and while possibly taking longer it keeps it mine. I'll be honest, it isn't a million dollar idea but it could be a couple dozen thousand dollar idea, if it goes anywhere. I'll let you guys know as time goes on...

id start on google sketchup. its free, and very easy to use/teach yourself.
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

Quote Originally Posted by Pudgey51 View Post
    You're post has me kind of confused lol but I will pm you tomorrow with some details, don't know exactly how it all comes together but I'm working on it
    yeah I confused myself as well. lol
    prolly was drinking when I typed it.