Thread: ULT + SHP question

ULT + SHP question

My setup: emag valve with ULT, running SHP ninja reg.

When I received the working ULT it rapid fired when installed (did not leak). I removed one shim and it operated much better but still has a bit of an rt. I have heard that this is the result of the SHP reg. This is not a symptom of an 850psi reg.

Q: to eliminate this rt would it be beneficial to add a reg to drop the PSI? I realize that adding a reg can starve the valve. Is there a reg that is 800-850psi?

Go to ninja and get a tank reg that has an output of 800-850psi. No need to have a reg between the tank and the gun.

Don't add another regulator. Each regulator adds a bit of restriction in the air flow, so you want to use the miniumum number of regulators that gets the job done.

Remove another shim and try that first. By increasing the spacing between the open on-off closed position and the sear catching the bolt, you reduce the reactive effect. The ULT was designed to reduce the trigger pull and the reactivity of the valve. We have overridden that and used the ULT to give us more reactivity by adding extra shims to reduce the timing between the on-off closing point and the bolt catch. Removing the extra shims will put the ULT operation back where it was designed to operate.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    you can remove shims from the shp tank regulator to drop the output pressure to 950 psi.

Thanks guys. I had thought that the SHP was overriding the ULT intent. I will remove ULT shims. If that doesn't work. I will mess with the SHP reg.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    you can remove shims from the shp tank regulator to drop the output pressure to 950 psi.
    This^

FYI - on all RT valve equivalents, lower input pressure = more consistency. Higher input = higher ROF but poor(er) consistency. I run some of my mags off of 700 psi using my Dynaflow regs... when they are working

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    This^

FYI - on all RT valve equivalents, lower input pressure = more consistency. Higher input = higher ROF but poor(er) consistency. I run some of my mags off of 700 psi using my Dynaflow regs... when the Dynaflows are working
    Fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    Just get another reg.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Just get another reg.

i think it's harder to change regs than remove shims? unless it comes off easy (and they are generally on there pretty damn good from the factory). i think "just get another tank" would have made more sense. at any rate, adjusting the shim stack is easy and free.

3 shims removed from the SHP reg. Now for the field tests on live targets...