Thread: May 31 2015 Giant Big Game - Splat Tag Inc. Hudson Wi

May 31 2015 Giant Big Game - Splat Tag Inc. Hudson Wi

Anyone going?

http://www.giantgame.com
    Last edited by notoriousMAG; 03-30-2015 at 10:07 PM.

we got 4 that are going to make it out here this year. First time hitting this bucket list event or field.
    BEZERKERS
    ALL MAG SHOOTING TEAM

Very tempting, I really miss the PBN Sams big games. All I have left is a minimag pistol.

2 making the trek from Central Ia.

Last edited by notoriousMAG; 04-06-2015 at 04:49 PM.

Splat tag puts on great events. I only live a few miles from this and hope to make it out this year.

Preregistration now open

I am registering. anyone else going to this?

My son and I are registered and planning to camp onsite. Been prepping for this since March and cant wait.

Apparently this is 15th anniversary since they began hosting Giant games. They are roasting a giant pig and everyone gets free lunch of pulled pork and fixins.

Yeah, I was at the field on Sunday. The woods is super nice right now. They have enough hills so its not to wet. Once the leaves hit the tree a little more it'll be a thicker but my guess is it'll be just enough for doing some sneaking and not enough to be to annoying for shooting paint.

I havn't been to this since Giant Big Game 5 or so... I used to go to their hunt for the cure events way back when as well. Looking forward to this.

Just gave Splat Tag a call to confirm camping situation. They report close to 400 registered so far.

Looks like Iowans are slated for the Midwest Alliance.

Heres a little preview of coming attractions for you Great Lakes Crusaders...

Brittany likes a fat tip.

Nice. I had a good game for the Great Lakes. The game was fun but the organization was sloppy at the start. They only had 1 line for preregistered people. With almost 400 preregistered it was a really poor decision. I stood in line for over an hour and missed the start of the game (I got their 2 hours early). Other than that it was a good.

We had an epic time at the Great Big Game. My son(11yo and first paintball experience) had a blast. His first game was actually Saturday night. They had free night games from 8-11 on one of the urban fields for the Big Game players who were present and picked up their badges early. The weather on Sunday was absolutely perfect mid 60's with a breeze and clouded over in the afternoon. Got a bit chilly in the tent Saturday night with the low around 37.

I did notice the huge line of people waiting to get registered when I went to buy more paint around 830am. They definitely need to start the check-in much earlier as folks started rolling in at 630 and they didnt open registration until 8(game starts at 9). If you live nearby I'd highly recommend stopping by the night before to save the headache and get in on the night games.

Hits and misses on the day: all of the staff i had contact with were very nice and everyone was super cool to my boy. self serve air was amazing, never have seen a tank fill so quickly. The free lunch was awesome, but I didnt eat the beans for fear i'd need to use the business end of the porta-john.(my son said it looked like Normandy Beach in there).
    The red team didnt seem to have much organization and not much direction from the "General."
    My mag went down middle of the first half when my tac body detent decided to give up on me. Ended the day shooting my backup green invert mini. Only saw one other mag while in the chrony line.

At the end of the day I won a case of Graffitti paint in the drawing and my son won a Tippmann TCR.

My boy will never forget this weekend. Worth every penny!
    Last edited by notoriousMAG; 06-05-2015 at 10:13 AM.