Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ninja air system HPA, SHP, OR SLP?

Ninja air system HPA, SHP, OR SLP?

Building my first Automag. Currently have an RT with an old school tank system. What would be the better option of the Ninja regs?

depends what tank system you have really. some people prefer tanks that are setup for a certain marker. others swap stuff around.

there are alot more reg options than just ninja, alot of people forget that. most people end up going with a shp.

just to show most of the options for adjustable regs.
    3k flatline
    4.5k flatline
    3k raptor
    4.5k raptor
    apocalypse
    apocalypse 2k
    Armageddon
    conquest
    nitroduck x stream
    nitroduck i-reg
    maxflow
    inline maxflow
    megareg

DO NOT GET A SLP Reg. Wont work on a mag.

you need 700+ psi output pressure on your tank reg to get a mag to work.
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

CP, isn't the issue with a lot of those regs you listed that spare are drying up? Also the simplicity, still being supported and being lightweight would be the biggest swaying factor for me at least to stick with Ninja.
    I made the mistake of trading for a mag...now I'm trapped
    Cocker, Automag, and Misc Parts FS

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WholemealDrop View Post
    CP, isn't the issue with a lot of those regs you listed that spare are drying up? Also the simplicity, still being supported and being lightweight would be the biggest swaying factor for me at least to stick with Ninja.
    i guess just the hard reg seats for the air america regs may be scare, but other than that it's just 90-duro urethane o-rings you need and those are easy to get. i wonder if the agd reg seats would work in them? they fit...maybe just change the reg pin from the aa style to the agd style? as long as the lengths are the same it should work just fine. i'll have to check into that when i crack my next aa reg apart.

Just get one tank and two regs, one Ninja Superlight SLP for the newer electronic markers, and an SHP for the mags.

I have a PMI pure energy tank & reg that im having hydro'ed... I found old info online of adding in an extra washer & uping the PSI out put on that kind of reg... They go like this )()()()()( + ) makes it a total of 11 washers... I have extra washers... Im ganna try it...
    Last edited by 2BAD4U; 03-31-2015 at 02:12 AM.

The easy answer:

If you have multiple guns, but want one tank, go with whatever reg runs at 800psi.

I do not care for the SHP tanks, as with some work to the on/off pin(at least with an Xvalve type), you can get RT effect with regular 800psi output. Having a tank that would literally blow any other reg up is a costly mistake. I do not need 1100psi tanks to have fun.

nobody im right there with you.

i have several mags that rt at 850 and is very controllable.

Quote Originally Posted by 2BAD4U View Post
    I have a PMI pure energy tank & reg that im having hydro'ed... I found old info online of adding in an extra washer & uping the PSI out put on that kind of reg... They go like this )()()()()( + ) makes it a total of 11 washers... I have extra washers... Im ganna try it...
    please be very very careful as to many shims or springs will cause bind and no regulation and pop the 1.8k burst disk

Quote Originally Posted by ninjapaintball View Post
    please be very very careful as to many shims or springs will cause bind and no regulation and pop the 1.8k burst disk
    And this is why I have Ninja on the forums.

Thanks for the info guys, I have an RT with an old tank on it and I am building my first Automag X-valve. So far it's just a pile of parts. I was only thinking of going with ninja because of the availability and quality. Was thinking of an SHP 68/4500.

Quote Originally Posted by toconnor318 View Post
    Thanks for the info guys, I have an RT with an old tank on it and I am building my first Automag X-valve. So far it's just a pile of parts. I was only thinking of going with ninja because of the availability and quality. Was thinking of an SHP 68/4500.
    I just picked up a superlite (SL) 68/4500 a few weeks ago, and I love the damn thing. It's almost the same size as a 48/3000 aluminum tank, and it weighs nothing. It also shoots very crisply on my classic valve with an RT on/off, but I can't speak to whether it would RT an xvalve.

the superlite tanks are beyond amazing, i forgot who let me use one of theirs at ll7 but it was incredible

Quote Originally Posted by magman313 View Post
    the superlite tanks are beyond amazing, i forgot who let me use one of theirs at ll7 but it was incredible
    I have a 68 and a 90.

A 45 tank cover barely fits on the 68, and a 68 cover barely fits on the 90.

Gives you some idea of the size.

And yes they are light.

are the superlight bottles available separately?
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    are the superlight bottles available separately?
    sorry but no

you can always ask to have the reg not installed and this way you can do what you want with it.

You can have my Flatline when you pry it from my cold dead hands... (or I ever run out of reg seats)

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    You can have my Flatline when you pry it from my cold dead hands... (or I ever run out of reg seats)
    I gave up on Flatlines years ago.

Not being able to bleed the air, and not being able to remove easily were the main reasons.

^slide check and there are multiple quick disconnect drops.

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    ^slide check and there are multiple quick disconnect drops.
    None of which are still in production....

Superlight Ninja with two regs, still the best option, one SHP and one SLP.

And the problem with the discount for the ASA is that they have a horrible fit and are loose. I don't like my tank to be anything less than solid, or even feel the shift of the setup as i move it about. Those QD bottomline adapters sucked since day 1: great idea, poor implementation.

If the tank is dedicated to the gun. Buy the SHP. If the tank will be used on different guns, go 850psi. If you want none of it to work at all, get the SLP.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    None of which are still in production....

Superlight Ninja with two regs, still the best option, one SHP and one SLP.

Do you have some kind of tool that allows you to get enough padded torque on the bottle/reg to be able to do that at the field?

Quote Originally Posted by zulubravo44 View Post
    Do you have some kind of tool that allows you to get enough padded torque on the bottle/reg to be able to do that at the field?
    I just hand tighten the regs on the tanks.

I just know to remove the tank from the gun by grabbing the reg and turning it not the tank.

Probably a lot of people do this, especially those that fly with equipment.

The regs must be removed from the tanks for that anyway.

Tanks do not need nor require to be torqued down. They need to be put on by hand and removed by hand. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Tanks do not need nor require to be torqued down. They need to be put on by hand and removed by hand. That is all.
    That is not true. There IS a torque spec. You just don't know. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Tanks do not need nor require to be torqued down.
    Or hydro'd

whats the torque spec?

I hear red loctite is a really good idea too.