Thread: AGD Intelliframe question

Thumbs up AGD Intelliframe question

I'm looking for a .45 style frame for my Automag build, and I'm leaning toward the AGD Intelliframe. I know the frame has a microswitch that can connect to a hopper, but can it operate completely mechanically? Meaning, no wires or anything at all? Thanks for any help!

Also, side question, are there any other .45 frames I should be looking at? Trying to buy new or like-new condition. Thanks!

yes it can, the frame comes empty you have to add the switch and wire yourself. the intelli is about the only 45 frame I am aware of that is still being made.

To clarify, the microswitch thing was an early hack to try to have a hopper that agitated every time you pulled the trigger. Basically, people re-wired their old VL revvy hoppers so that instead of using the diodes in the feed neck, a small switch behind the trigger actually closed the circuit and caused the revvy to... rev.

It's pretty irrelevant now with the force fed hoppers. And like vintage said, they always come empty. It's also the only 45 frame you'll find new these days, though you may encounter an old Benchmark frame in the BST forums from time to time. I personally like the feel of the Intelli a lot better, but to each their own.

Also note that there are quite a few options for Intellis (luke on here will mill out the excess weight and he also makes drop-in custom triggers with stops that are sweet) whereas the other types of 45 frames don't have quite so many fun (but expensive) upgrades.

Thanks everyone, very much appreciated!