Thread: Stock AGD trigger?

Stock AGD trigger?

Hi,

I decided to bring my old mag back to life, I have kept it in a suitcase for 15 years.
    I recently bought an X-valve and ULT Upgrade, everything is working great but I have one issue with my trigger ( atleast that's what I think )

There is a ''large'' gap between the trigger and the sear, I have never adjusted the pin ( 1 rule of Automag tinkering ) The mag is aired up on the picture. Is my trigger stock AGD? I have tried to change sear assembly but the same problem appears - the trigger is very loose and I'm having trouble with squeezing out more than a few balls pr second.

Here is another picture of the mag, where you can see the screw/pin that goes thru the trigger:

I was hoping that I could do some adjustments with my current trigger, finding spareparts in Norway is not easy.

Just unscrew the trigger rod a little. It should sit a bout a credit card/business cards thickness from the back of the trigger. Looks to be a benchmark frame. Very pretty btw. You'll get several PMs offering to buy it.

That looks like a benchmark trigger frame and trigger. They have been known to be a bit loose. You can put shims on each side of the trigger to take out the side to side slop. It will add a more crisp feel to the trigger and make it more consistent.

The trigger rod has a bit more gap than needed but if it works it should be fine. You can adjust the trigger rod to fit your trigger frame. Put the safety on and hold the trigger against the safety stop. Measure (or eyeball it). Adjust the trigger rod and eyeball it again. Do that until you get the proper gap is set. The proper gap should be about a credit card thickness.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    looks ok to me; i have a couple of automags with benchmark frames on them and the gap is similar. are you having any problems with your automag? if so, what are they?

now, the back of the trigger looks to be quite worn, which could cause problems (binding / sticking). you can buy new trigger from pro-team products for $18...they would look nicer as well.

if youre trying to RT that valve, a higher output tank regulator will help.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    if youre trying to RT that valve, a higher output tank regulator will help.
    if you look close, you can just barely see the "SHP" on the tank regulator i the second pic. or, just the "P" and half the "H".

Looked and didn't see that. Good catch.

I'm not trying to RT the X-valve, I have my Automag RT I actually managed to get the RT effect with a "new" automag/minimag sear assenbly with the ULT, with 5 shims. The old one did not behave like that.
    I guess a new trigger will be the next upgrade @cyco-dude. My main "problem" is the gap, a part from that it works great.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Korso View Post
    I'm not trying to RT the X-valve, I have my Automag RT I actually managed to get the RT effect with a "new" automag/minimag sear assenbly with the ULT, with 5 shims. The old one did not behave like that.
    I guess a new trigger will be the next upgrade @cyco-dude. My main "problem" is the gap, a part from that it works great.
    but it's normal; all automags are like that. once you take the safety off the trigger rides on the trigger rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Korso View Post
    As long as the trigger pulls far enough to fire the valve and stays in front of the trigger rod when the safety is on, it should work fine. A new trigger will be just as loose. Tighten the one you have using shims on the sides. You will be amazed how much more precise and crisp the feel of the trigger will get. If you are worried about the dings on the back of the trigger causing binding, take a a small round file and smooth out the indentation in the back of the trigger.

In my honest opinion, the PTP Benchmark frame was probably the worst frame ever made for the mag (Even though it was made for the Micromag). It was made to the loosest tolerances I've seen to date.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    In my honest opinion, the PTP Benchmark frame was probably the worst frame ever made for the mag (Even though it was made for the Micromag). It was made to the loosest tolerances I've seen to date.
    A lot of side to side trigger slop.

Don't get Tuna started on their products not being AGD spec.