Thread: Air fitting clearance issues Tac body

Air fitting clearance issues Tac body

What are you using for air line/fittings to the valve on your Tac bodies?

Having some clearance issues with air fittings to the xvalve in my Tac body on classic rail. With the classic bodies I ran braided SS with a quick disconnect attached to elbow/nipple at the valve which allowed for easy removal of valve. This doesnt seem to want to fit without skinning the tac body raw. Macroline elbows fit nicely but I will be running Shp tank and keep reading of folks warning against it.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by notoriousMAG; 04-17-2015 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Cant speell

Black macroline.

I hate steel braided line, nothing can mess up anodizing like that stuff.

If you use an elbow that is female on both ports, you can make or buy a stainless steel pipe extension at any length you need for clearance. If you can't find stainless steel, you can use brass and nickle plate it.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    macroline with standard norgren macroline elbows for now. that will change soon...

as for stainless...you could put the quick-disconnect at the asa. i know it's not as convenient, but it should work. you would do the same with a an rt pro to clear the sight rail. or...you could get larger elbows. i got some of these for my rt pro...old school, huge elbows that came stock on the rt classic. here's what they look like installed:

if you don't like any of those options, i would look for a 1/2" long, 1/8 npt extender as athomas suggested.

In the plumbing isle at Ace ?

Thanks for the ideas. I had plenty of black macro around so I'm testing that out for the time being. Seems to be holding up fine with shp even in "3 shim angry salad shooter" mode.

Funny, I ran into the same problem today putting a 'Mag together. I've ran into clearance problems several times on 'Mags over the years especially with sight rails and quick disconnects. I've solved the problem every time just by swapping around elbows until I found just the right one. That's exactly what I had to do today. When I had a local shop I would just bring the gun down and try a bunch of elbows from his pile 'o elbows...they were usually a mix of all the different manufactured ones over the years.