Thread: ninja V2 SHP output pressures?

ninja V2 SHP output pressures?

Everything I've found on line keeps telling me output is 950-1100. But since pressure is adjusted via 3 removable shims. We all know it isn't fully adjustable like our trusty old tanks of yore. And the paperwork that came with my reg show the standard reg output pressures.
    Can someone tell me what the output pressure is with
    0 shims, 850PSI
    1 shim, 950PSI
    2 shims, 1050
    3 shims. 1150

Please and thank you.
    Last edited by blackdeath1k; 01-05-2017 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Add all below values to first post

Cyco-Dude Guest
    as i understand it, there are only two ways to run it...with all the shims for 1100 psi output, or with no shims for 950 psi output.

i'm not sure why though? i guess i could test it...waste a lot of air doing it though.

Well 0 shims shows 850-880. Cuz that is how it had been set when I put the reg on the tank. In that range on my lp gauge. I added 1 shim for play today. That got me to around 980. Idk about 2 or 3 shims. Cuz where it is now is pretty good.
    Last edited by blackdeath1k; 04-18-2015 at 01:21 PM.

Just give a bit, the ninja factory rep will chime in soon.

Or you can give their tech support a call.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Just give a bit, the ninja factory rep will chime in soon.

Or you can give their tech support a call.

Eh. Wasn't concerned enough to Hassel there tech. I just added one shim to the 0 I had been running. Lol. Ultametly I care more how it acts with my marker than I do really care about given psi. Where it is now combined with my 0.744 on off pin works great.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    ok, 3 shims to 0 shims the pressure i got was 1075 / 1000 / 900 / 825. tested with a new old stock air america gauge (old big one!) that measured psi in 25 psi increments. i wouldn't trust it to be 100% accurate, but i wouldn't trust any paintball gauge for that. for whatever it's worth, 825 psi is the same reading i got using an old adjustable ninja regulator with one extra red shim added to boost the output pressure.

the shims on the shp v2 reg were 0.005" thick, so it's pretty sensitive. whereas the adjustable reg uses 0.005" shims for fine adjustment and 0.02" shims to adjust the pressure.

So if we cut the difference in our regs and gauges being different. 0 shims is essentially 850 and 1 shim 950. Lol.

To be honest we never tested as it was never asked and the pressure readings above are what I would expect.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjapaintball View Post
    To be honest we never tested as it was never asked and the pressure readings above are what I would expect.
    Guess I'm happy to throw a curve in the run of the mill questions. Haha.

I know my tank puts out about 1150 with 3 shims and I want it lower. I'm going to give 1 shim a try.

Quote Originally Posted by lancecst View Post
    I know my tank puts out about 1150 with 3 shims and I want it lower. I'm going to give 1 shim a try.
    That goes with what I was guessing. 850, 950, 1050, 1150

When I first tested my reg I was at 1300 psi.
    Removed all the shims and it dropped to a little over 1000.
    Talked to Ninja and they had me remove one spring and installed all three shims, this took me to 750.
    Ray from Ninja sent me some shims, both .01 and .005" and I was able to dial it in exactly at 925 which is what I wanted.

I noticed that the .01 and .005 shims measure -0.001 of the actual size so stacking two .005's will be different than a single .01
    That much of a difference does affect the pressure.

I tested the output pressure with three different gauges, two were liquid filled and one was a old Air America gauge, so I know I'm dialed in fairly accurately.

BTW, Ninja tech support (Ray T.) was top notch. He was spot on and answered questions quickly, even answered questions through the weekend! I was very impressed to say the least.