Thread: xmag trigger?

xmag trigger?

Just got me an xmag and it shoots great in electro mode but in mechanical it will rt like mad for a sec then stop after a trigger pull.I'm wondering do I need to adjust the trigger magnet to be a little stiffer or is there something else I need to look at?oooh yeah first time xmag owner and totally impressed with it.I mean wow,electro/mechanical, easy to switch out battery, modular, easy maintenance and near bullet proof engine plus now the wife wants one.I'm gonna need a 2nd job.

Awesome! Congrats!

Check your trigger rod length. Its supposed to be 2.125", resulting in the near credit card thickness away from the back of the trigger, when aired.

It will also depend on which trigger you have. I had an Xmag with a Fireblade trigger that is/was a PITA to tune mechanically. one adjustment would fire, the next adjustment would RT, the next adjustment wouldn't fire...

Magnets won't matter for mech mode... it's all trigger rod length and on/off pin length. Also check that you have your rail bushing installed for the rear frame screw and that it's tight (with your hand, not tools).
    Stay Classy, AO...
    BEO: RIP / Topgun Paintball: RIP / Old MCB: RIP

Do you mean it is reactive when firing in manual mode with the switch set to mechanical (hybrid mode), or do you mean it is reactive when firing in manual mode with the battery pin installed (manual mode)? In hybrid mode, it will be super reactive because it is operating in electronic mode with mechanical trigger kick. In manual mode, too much reactivity can be caused by a worn sear.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by zondo View Post
    It will also depend on which trigger you have. I had an Xmag with a Fireblade trigger that is/was a PITA to tune mechanically. one adjustment would fire, the next adjustment would RT, the next adjustment wouldn't fire...

Magnets won't matter for mech mode... it's all trigger rod length and on/off pin length. Also check that you have your rail bushing installed for the rear frame screw and that it's tight (with your hand, not tools).
    I'm learning how much that Fireblade sucks. Gave me a hard time in E & Mech modes all weekend. Not sure what I want to do from here, might spring for a Tunablade...
    Steve Shuey , Team Crimson Reign

Tuna may have some this weekend at Tunaball....

Quote Originally Posted by AGDRetro View Post
    I'm learning how much that Fireblade sucks. Gave me a hard time in E & Mech modes all weekend. Not sure what I want to do from here, might spring for a Tunablade...
    Ugh, really in e-mode too?

Stock emag triggers work well (Knownothingmags?) and I have heard that the new Tunablades are delayed.

How about the TL63 triggers? I have one, but have been hesitant to install it since the one on it works well. Don't like the feel of the one on it too much, but it does work well. I also have a stock EMag trigger is anyone needs one?

Ugh, really in e-mode too?

Stock emag triggers work well (Knownothingmags?) and I have heard that the new Tunablades are delayed.
    if you want one that will only work in emode I can make one.
    but prolly not in time for TB8

but the stock ones I have are the only ones I have to use.

The fireblades are ok once you have them tuned. They are not quite on spec, so you need to adjust all of the parameters, including the trigger rod, to get them to work properly. I had one of the first generation ones and it worked fine once all the modifications were done and it was properly tuned. I upgraded to an early generation Tuna-blade which I really liked because of the sweep of the trigger rather than the straight flat Fireblade. The Tunablade adjustment is much closer to that of a stock trigger.

The TL63 triggers had no complaints as far as operation goes. The adjustment set screw on the top of the trigger makes contact with the frame where the frame magnet sits. The aluminum is very thin there and you run the risk of damaging that part of the frame area.

I'm not sure on trigger but here's a picture.

That looks like a Fireblade.

I have a new tuna blade if that would be better?
    Thanks

Tunablades are the best trigger you can get for a Emag or Xmag. So comfy.

I like my Tunablade better than I liked my Fireblade.