Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting back into paintball

Zulubravo44 makes a good point.... I put together a Micromag with a classic valve probably 10 years ago now, and even with new O-rings I couldn't get 3 different classic on/offs to seal. Just for grits and shins I put in the only other one I had, which was an R/T on/off. It actually sealed, and I tested it when I got the rest of it put back together, and I'll be honest, it has the sweetest predictable trigger pull I've ever seen on a mech. I've had an R/T Micro, and I've pulled a ULT trigger as well, but this had the right amount of stiffness for just the right duration.

MOTY3
    There are some very nice parts in this thread including a 20 bps Hyper Frame.
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...s-of-Mag-Parts

I have an RTX Pro valve...

A guy I new close to 20 years ago had a mag with a smart parts magic box. I got to play a few games in a tournament with it because my crappy angel I had broke. I was running an original angel and that thing had problems. The later angels were better. Anyway, the smart mag was the smoothest mag I've ever shot. Nice trigger pull too. It had a reactor on/off. Real fast and no shoot down like was said with the magic box.

I stay away from magic box mags, just don't care for them.

And I've been told the reactor on/off was very problematic too.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    I stay away from magic box mags, just don't care for them.

And I've been told the reactor on/off was very problematic too.
    Yeah. I don't know about the reliability of them. I just know it was really smooth running and really quiet. I bought a ult yesterday and an old air America tank off of my friend. My angel a.i.r is not working and it has to be rehyrdroed.

That magic box didn't do anything at all... nada. Complete sham.
    The reactor on/off was a slight improvement, same concept as putting an RT on/off in your classic valve.

Quote Originally Posted by MAGgot View Post
    ...same concept as putting an RT on/off in your classic valve.
    Which makes for the most amazing trigger pull, to me. Light yet snappy, can't walk it, but gives me a better ROF than anything else mechanical and most electros. (Actual RT mags excepted, of course.)

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    My comments were directed at AGDRetro not you.
    I'm sorry I don't want to get anybody mad, that's not what AO is about. I apply douche/puss/hack to anybody shooting anything other than straight semi as well. Do I think all "pros" shooting in ramp modes are 100% skill-less? Of course not, I just prefer to see everybody playing to the best of THEIR ability - not a board or a bouncy trigger. I worked at a field where we fought the firing modes for as long as we could, regardless of the fact that we might have actually sold more paint if we didn't. Is it so wrong to have a desire to see fair play?

I was simply trying to provide the OP a simple alternative to a more costly E-build, stating that it can more than keep up - even without the SHP. I'd say however that to anybody going this route, an aftermarket trigger with stops is a must.
    Steve Shuey , Team Crimson Reign

Quote Originally Posted by AGDRetro View Post
    playing
    again, OP you should do this more than build another gun.
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    With mags its a disease.

One can turn into five overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    Its obvious that he is playing again. So why not let the OP do what he wants and help him with wbat be wants to do? Novel concept for youm i know...

Be all you can be, in the AO Army !

I'm sorry I don't want to get anybody mad, that's not what AO is about. I apply douche/puss/hack to anybody shooting anything other than straight semi as well. Do I think all "pros" shooting in ramp modes are 100% skill-less? Of course not, I just prefer to see everybody playing to the best of THEIR ability - not a board or a bouncy trigger. I worked at a field where we fought the firing modes for as long as we could, regardless of the fact that we might have actually sold more paint if we didn't. Is it so wrong to have a desire to see fair play?

I was simply trying to provide the OP a simple alternative to a more costly E-build, stating that it can more than keep up - even without the SHP. I'd say however that to anybody going this route, an aftermarket trigger with stops is a must.
    Thanks bud. Realizing I want a mech mag. Too much tweaking with pneumags and what not. Just want a fast mag with lvl10 and ult I think. Want something I can just take out and shoot without having to screw with it every time. I've done research and whiles the frames that are aftermarket can be good, I also see they are finicky sometimes. I've also been considering emag lowers. I'd just relocate the battery. I'll just play with my angel ir3 for now and chip away at the mag.

if you want something fast with very little tinkering i would go with a hyperframe route pick up a 20 bps board or an aftermarket and go. that will require the least amount of long term teching. just be sure to swap the switch and you should be good to go.

OP, look into the mod kits on eBay that allow you to mount a Virtue PMR or PM7 board (can't remember which) in your IR3, it'll allow for the use of a regular 9 volt battery. Could be difficult to find replacement Angel batteries nowadays and you won't have to mess with charging it either.

Also don't know how long you been out of the game but hoppers have made HUGE advancements, you really won't need eyes if you have a modern loader. I have a Spire right now but I'd recommend the Dye Rotor - bulletproof design!

OP, look into the mod kits on eBay that allow you to mount a Virtue PMR or PM7 board (can't remember which) in your IR3, it'll allow for the use of a regular 9 volt battery. Could be difficult to find replacement Angel batteries nowadays and you won't have to mess with charging it either.

Also don't know how long you been out of the game but hoppers have made HUGE advancements, you really won't need eyes if you have a modern loader. I have a Spire right now but I'd recommend the Dye Rotor - bulletproof design!
    Thanks. I will look into all of it. I'm currently running a vl revolution lol. My vl 3000 is broken. I've been out since 2006ish. I had a bob long alias with a halo b.

Wow, you'd have a night and day experience! The Rotor & Spire both tear down to clean up super quick with no tools. The Rotor claims about 50,000 shots from 3 AA batteries, I'm sure the Spire is in the same ball park. Both are built pretty robust, much heartier than a Halo shell for sure - busted my fair share of them!

Wow, you'd have a night and day experience! The Rotor & Spire both tear down to clean up super quick with no tools. The Rotor claims about 50,000 shots from 3 AA batteries, I'm sure the Spire is in the same ball park. Both are built pretty robust, much heartier than a Halo shell for sure - busted my fair share of them!
    Yeah dude. The halo shells were quite brittle. My revolution is from about 98-99ish and still works. I wish my vl 3000 still worked. I'm thinking of making a Frankenstein project of it. I always played back man in speedball so I liked the capacity of it.

Still have a first gen revolution. My agitator is DOA sadly. Got a sound activated halo too but it doesn't hold a candle to the used rotor I picked up. So simple to work with. No button sequence codes at all. Tension is done by setscrew. And it just flat works. All for 80 bux or so used.

I think I'll need a better hopper for sure. The ir3 doesn't have eyes. It has that sensi system, but mine doesn't work.

You can find gen3 Rotors for less than $100 used. I love my Rotor and haven't had any issues other than having the batteries die mid game and a few extremely misshapen balls causing jams, they would've jammed any hopper on the market, force feed or gravity feed.

Quote Originally Posted by lancecst View Post
    You can find gen3 Rotors for less than $100 used. I love my Rotor and haven't had any issues other than having the batteries die mid game and a few extremely misshapen balls causing jams, they would've jammed any hopper on the market, force feed or gravity feed.
    This guy and I, as well as a few others, picked up Luke's new OLTR (which effectively seems to be a pneumag that requires almost no tinkering, aside from very slight tuning, after it's installed). I know you said originally that you want electro, not mech or pneu, but now it looks like you're leaning mech. You might follow the OLTR feed as well (paintball talk) to see if you could be swayed. It gives you damn near an electro trigger pull with the battery-less benefits of a mech. And AGDRetro might not call you a hack, since it's a true semi, as long as you're not putting an SHP on it :P

Quote Originally Posted by zulubravo44 View Post
    This guy and I, as well as a few others, picked up Luke's new OLTR (which effectively seems to be a pneumag that requires almost no tinkering, aside from very slight tuning, after it's installed). I know you said originally that you want electro, not mech or pneu, but now it looks like you're leaning mech. You might follow the OLTR feed as well (paintball talk) to see if you could be swayed. It gives you damn near an electro trigger pull with the battery-less benefits of a mech. And AGDRetro might not call you a hack, since it's a true semi, as long as you're not putting an SHP on it :P
    Yeah definitely man. Thank you. That's what I loved about my mags. They were never broke. They never needed much tuning. I've let many a folk in the past use my mags to finish tournaments cuz their other guns broke. A well oiled mag never fails.

Quote Originally Posted by zulubravo44 View Post
    AGDRetro might not call you a hack, since it's a true semi, as long as you're not putting an SHP on it :P
    If your fingers are moving I won't shake my fist at you like an old man

So my angel took a dump the other day after playing. Battery is done. It did shoot well when it worked though. xvalved minimag build is now in process. Anyone who has some extra parts they don't need, please pm me. I need alot of things.

Hey.... old ?

Age discrimination !

Better watch out for beemer !

Quote Originally Posted by evil1 View Post
    So my angel took a dump the other day after playing. Battery is done. It did shoot well when it worked though. xvalved minimag build is now in process. Anyone who has some extra parts they don't need, please pm me. I need alot of things.
    Sorry to hear. There are a couple people who do( tbough its a relatively easy mod) PMR Rail mods to Angels. Give the better modern mifods of fire, but removes the battery for a 9volt.

And when you say, "extra parts". Please be specific, as some of us have multiples, but without a clear parts lists. You will not see the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Sorry to hear. There are a couple people who do( tbough its a relatively easy mod) PMR Rail mods to Angels. Give the better modern mifods of fire, but removes the battery for a 9volt.

And when you say, "extra parts". Please be specific, as some of us have multiples, but without a clear parts lists. You will not see the results.
    I will get a list this weekend. Thank you sir.