Thread: X-Valve, is this right?

X-Valve, is this right?

Hi,

I bought a new x-Valve from AGD a few months ago, I've used it 3-4 times so far and shot somewhere between 3-4000 paintballs. Last time I was at the field it started to leak from the valve, it sounded like a choo choo train when aired up ( not pulling the trigger ).
    I started tinkering with it today and and removed the power tube tip.

My setup was like this: 3-4-5-5-5-6-7-9-10 (if you look at the chart)
    Can someone please explain why?

I tried to use the default setup, it's still leaking so I guess I will have to replace the powertube O-ring? Ufortunately I ran out of air and will have to try again tomorrow..

Remove #7 oring from #6 carrier and change #6 carrier to the next smaller size using the same #7 oring. Remove all shims and leave them out.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

There was no extra carriers with the x-valve, guess I will have to order a kit?

But why did AGD set it up this way in the first place?

The Xvalves come with 4 carriers from the factory You must have lost them. If you feel you really didn't get them call AGD and tell them. Let me know how it turns out.

Try just removing the shims first.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    The Xvalves come with 4 carriers from the factory You must have lost them. If you feel you really didn't get them call AGD and tell them. Let me know how it turns out.
    I still have to original package, and guess what..they were ''hiding'' inside the foam rubber. I will try a new carrier tomorrow when I refill hpa.
    Thx Tunaman!

Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    Try just removing the shims first.
    I tried that, but it was still leaking. Guess a new carrier is up next.

But I would still like to know why AGD put 3 shims inside the valve?

Its set up to work, but not be tuned. As you have used it, the orings are seating themselves & you need to make adjustments to how the valve will live. This is a common occurrence.

Listen to Tuna, he has never steered anyone wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Its set up to work, but not be tuned. As you have used it, the orings are seating themselves & you need to make adjustments to how the valve will live. This is a common occurrence.

Listen to Tuna, he has never steered anyone wrong.
    Why wouldn't I listen to Tuna? I was just curious why AGD put 3 shims in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Korso View Post
    Why wouldn't I listen to Tuna? I was just curious why AGD put 3 shims in a row.
    I believe he puts them in there for orientation only...just so the customer can see where they go.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    I believe he puts them in there for orientation only...just so the customer can see where they go.
    Fair enough, thx Tuna.

I had trouble with my mag after it got broken in with 3000 or so shots through it. I needed to change my carrier size to a slightly smaller one and I needed to take a shim out of my ULT. After that all the leaks where fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_kaz View Post
    I had trouble with my mag after it got broken in with 3000 or so shots through it. I needed to change my carrier size to a slightly smaller one and I needed to take a shim out of my ULT. After that all the leaks where fixed.
    I changed the carrier size and removed the shims, works like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Korso View Post
    I changed the carrier size and removed the shims, works like a charm.
    You did reuse the o-ring from the previous carrier right? Don't replace o-rings in the mag unless you're absolutely sure they're busted... I still have 10+ years old o-rings in my mag and they are still going strong =)

Shims, as I understand it, changes the point at which the LV10 vents in in case it pinches balls. The current consensus on the forum is that you use no shims unless you know there is something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ideinit View Post
    You did reuse the o-ring from the previous carrier right? Don't replace o-rings in the mag unless you're absolutely sure they're busted... I still have 10+ years old o-rings in my mag and they are still going strong =)

Shims, as I understand it, changes the point at which the LV10 vents in in case it pinches balls. The current consensus on the forum is that you use no shims unless you know there is something wrong.
    Yes, I did reuse the o-ring.