Thread: Banjo problems.

Banjo problems.

Hi everyone. So I have a classic rt. having trouble getting the banjo to seal up. It's leaking from between the body and rail right under the valve. Replaced all the orings. Brand new. Oiled it up. Still have a small leak. Any suggestions or tricks to get this to seal?

Thank you!!

Try loosening the frame screw, then put in the banjo & finally tighten the frame screw back up.

You can also use some soapy water to find where its leaking at. Would help pinpoint where and what needs to be addressed.

Are all of the edges around the banjo assembly polished so that there are no burrs or rough edges. These are the biggest culprits causing leaks around the banjo bolt.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

I'll check and try all of the above mentioned items. I have to get more air this week. Hopefully I can pinpoint the issue. The orings look fine. Don't look like they were clipped or anything on their way in. Does it help to use any grease to help seal?

Lubrication will help prevent damage when installing the bolt.

You can also try putting a thin washer under the banjo head, to help pull the middle o-ring further down into the rail. Ninja reg washers fit perfectly.

There was an early series of RT rails that had this problem chronically. Tunaman used to have replacement rails for that.