Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much action do yours get?

How much action do yours get?

In looking at the getting back into paintball thread I saw the advice given to go out and play some before committing to a build. I agree whole heatedly. Reason being, I have six full Mag builds with enough parts lying around to build at least two more working Mags. But a rarely use anything but my first PneuMag. It just feels right. It does what I want it to do the way I want it done.

I know most of us have multiple builds. So I got to wondering.

How many markers do you have?
    Do you predominantly use just one of them?
    Why?

Used the chord mag all day Saturday, first time in a couple years at least.

Rest of the paintball stuff was still in transit from Tunaball.

I was surprised that I really wasn't getting out shot even though I was just one finger plinking.

Saw a couple other mags there too which was a nice surprise.

I think I have 7 complete and working guns and I also have a friends Ego in my possession that I can use anytime I want so basically 8 guns.

I pretty much only use my CCM S6, the exception being on stock class day where I use my Phantom. I keep telling myself I need to use my mag more and hopefully this year I actually will. I've come to the realization that the only way that will happen is if I don't pack my S6.

I have around 10 working guns plus 4 project guns. 3 mech Tippmanns, Tippmann C3 propane pump, Thumper, Phantom, Marq Rapper, AKA Viking, RT Classic, and F1 Illustrator are all up and working. Tippmanns never get used but 2 are historical pieces to me (Procarbine and C3) while the other 2 are sentimental/not worth selling (first 98 and A5 I built.) Thumper and Phantom get swapped back and forth decently but lean more towards my Phantom since it was what pushed me into other parts of paintball. Rapper is my go to, always works and shoots awesome. Viking used to be brought out more but had some issues so it got put on the shelf, hope to take it out more this year. RT Classic is a new addition this year that I've already had out and enjoyed. Want to build up an X-valve mag and get a SHP tank for some sweet RT action. F1 hasn't been brought out yet but might come out this weekend at an Old School event. Got 3 cocker projects, 2 near completion and 1 still needing anno. Long haul project is an E-bolted 98 that still needs lots of work.
    I made the mistake of trading for a mag...now I'm trapped
    Cocker, Automag, and Misc Parts FS

I've only got two markers. I use my mag as a primary.

She's put in some decent time since I picked her from Tunaman.

Around 3 days per week play time. Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

On Friday, it's 'Bring your own paint' day... I shoot upwards of around 2 cases that day.
    Thursday and Saturday about a 1000rds per day.

Past 20 years I've only shot mags. In 2008 i went from a Minimag to a ULE and currently I sold that to my nephew to fund my current Phoenix mag build. I never understood the point in having alot of guns. I just focus on making one everything I want from a gun and play with it twice a month atleast. Even play all 4 seasons.

You can do this a couple different ways if you play regularly.

1) you set up a regular rotation of guns, so that all the guns get play.

2) you have set guns for certain situatuions. Like a mini roster for those days. Woodsball, walkon, speedball. This means you have would have to play all sorts, to get the rotation going.

3) you use what you feel like and put away the standbys that you always use. For me, i will use my DM4, or multiple B2Ks or the newest or most recently worked on gun for a time.

4) supply multiple people with guns so that you may not use them all, but they are getting some use.

I built a Mag pistol, and I've acquired others in the past couple years. I'm making a trip to play this weekend, and I'm only taking the pistol and Mjolnir. They're my babies. At some point, I'd like to become proficient at using all of them, once they're working, but I've got my go-to's until I can play more regularly.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by TyeStick View Post
    I've only got two markers. I use my mag as a primary.

She's put in some decent time since I picked her from Tunaman.

On Friday, it's 'Bring your own paint' day... I shoot upwards of around 2 cases that day.
    How do you turn a 4000 round trigger finger into a 1000 rounder in one day ?

Is there a switch somewhere I havent found yet ?

In first reading the thread title I was going to say... Every other night on average... but I'm newly married so yeah..

Currently I've got 2 functioning mags. And one not totally together. My main marker is my classic automagRT that I've had since the late 90s. The other functioning mag is my wife's. It gets used when she gets to play. I'd like to finish my third. But its currently missing 2 parts.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    i've got a few 'mags...

i bring one or two "new" ones out every time i play. hopefully this year i'll downsize significantly, and just commit to a few that i really like playing with.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    How do you turn a 4000 round trigger finger into a 1000 rounder in one day ?

Is there a switch somewhere I havent found yet ?

It's hard! A major contributing factor is the price of field paint on Thursday and Saturday.

Hmmm,

Ive got around 30+ish markers.
    I only play about 3 times a year if Im lucky.

The ones that get used very regularly are my Phantom, Pumpmag, Adrenline Impluse and occasionally by BPS Reflex. Most of the others really only sit.
    I do plan on my FN being used once its done.

Yes I have guns that I never plan on using. My Nemesis Autococker is one.

The reasons I use these has alot to do with the style of play I have evolved into. Ive done the electro thing for years. Found I prefer pump play much more. Its a different pace and mentality generally. Which explains the phantom & pumpmag. The Impluse is used alot when I need a electro. Simply because it always works without issue.
    The BPS reflex is for when I want to use something in between and still have a option of faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

Talking

I'd have to says, three time a year isn't "used regularly".

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_kaz View Post
    In first reading the thread title I was going to say... Every other night on average... but I'm newly married so yeah..
    I was thinking the same. Though newly married I was getting it 2-3 times a day, few years later Mmmmmmm not so lucky.

i'm currently running 8 various mag and non mag markers. i usually get to 10 total markers before i freak out and sell stuff off. i always turn to one of my mags. i play in all different weather situations. all i ever have to adjust on the mag is the velocity a little. unlike my other stuff which i have to adjust dwell and what not to adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker View Post
    I was thinking the same. Though newly married I was getting it 2-3 times a day, few years later Mmmmmmm not so lucky.
    Playing paintball is like having sexual congress with your wife. Early on or even before you're married, its often many times a week. You can't stay off the field. After you're married, you find that its down to 2-3 times a year.

Not sure how this thread swerved off into the ditch like this.....

Okay I'll fix it cuz I started the swerve.

Since I just bought my mag after years and years and years of wanting one. So I'm using mine every other weekend.. I'm taking it to it's first big game at the end of this month. Anyone else going to this: Splat Tag Big Game Hudson Wi

i have the following,
    my first ever marker--SL 68 II
    my first mag from the early 90's and is my go to if i'm using a classic
    warp fed classic
    classic with all red anno factory parts(from Sandmans sales)
    1 minimag
    2 loaner classics
    rt classic-nib
    blue smear
    red smear
    warp fed rt classic
    2 loaner rt classics
    1 rt classic that i use as my primary rt
    1 e-mag
    red nights micro mag
    jungle nights micro mag
    dust black micro mag
    soon to be x mag
    sheridan pg
    3 splatmasters
    F2 illustrator that is mint in box
    i think thats all of them

i used 3 at Tunaball 8, my e mag(with warp feed) my primary rt classic and the black micro mag, hopefully i can make it out a few more times this year.
    Last edited by vintage; 05-13-2015 at 07:07 PM.

oh and parts for 2 more classics

I have 12 full set up mags. We have our local group of guys that play 2-4 times a month. Some run electric guns but about 8 of us only run mags. I use 2 or 3 of my mags when we play, but lately I end up with my pump mag. I try and cycle all my mags so none are left out. I do have my "go to mag" when the day just isn't going good. I am always loaning out one or more most of the time also. Anyone on the central coast of ca, we play from Santa Clara paintball- SC village and over to Lemoore. Home field is Gladiator paintball park in San Luis Obispo.

Over the past few years I haven't played as much and when I did I played pump. So my CF MM bodied pump got the most use. Last few times I have played though my Tac bodied pump got more use. I have several that have either never been used or haven't been used in a couple of years. Kind of in the same boat as Cougar in that I only get to play maybe 2-3 times a year anymore.

I've been playing a LOT more often lately, which has been great.

For recball I like to use an automag. I play recball probably 2 weekend days per month in spring and fall, plus 2-3 times per winter. I have the following automags:

-Chord RT Length Mag - majority of this usage
    -Original RT Pro - 2-3x per year plus when I bring a friend it's a kickass loaner to have. Gets the most attention at the field
    -ULE Custom - sweet gun but haven't played with it yet
    -Classic - was a loaner before I had the Chord mag. Don't really need this anymore.
    -Enough parts for 2 more mags - actually thinking about selling off some stuff soon

I also have 2 piranha Pro TS g3s that are mostly pretty wallhangers, and a 2k3 autococker that gets shot in the backyard for the most part. Plus cocker projects cause apparently I'm "too old" for legos.

I like to play pump and the group I follow is supposed to have a pump day in New England each month, but realistically it seems like every 2 months is more the norm. I have a CCM Mid-Block Prototype for me and a Sanchez Machine SM-1 for a loaner if I bring a buddy. I have a few other open class pump projects that I probably don't need. I have a SC Phantom that I've used a couple times and keep around in case I play a SC game, which happens rarely at best.

Finally, I recently joined an Xball team and got an Axe to use for millennium ramping. It shoots a lot like a mag which I like. We are signed up for 5 events this summer/fall, and figure 2 practices per event or so. Plus I play/drill every third Wednesday or so and split that time between my mags and my axe.

Quote Originally Posted by TyeStick View Post

Man, that is awesome. You play a lot of paintball!

I have about 8 or so mags (maybe more I have to look at remaining parts), but I primarily use only two.

My IT bodied mag with a ult, and my classic RT. Not the most fire power in the world as they sit but they fit me. My primary used to be my EMag but once I got the IT body set up they way I wanted it I never looked back.

Although I don't play nearly as much as I used to.

At the moment I have 3 mags and a Dm13. I use my splash x-valve ult mag 90% of the time, usually 6-8 times each month. My classic RT doesn't get much time on the field, if I play speedball i use my Dm13 - the RT is heavy

I have 7 or 8 markers in all.

Original Trracer, Tippy 98 (loaner), an Axe, a level 6 mag, the 'Sleeper Mag', and a couple of level 7 mags.

I have good intentions, but always end up just playing with the Axe and the sleeper. They do what I want, when I want it, and they don't give me drama.

I've got:
    - Xmag
    - E/M90 Mag
    - Eclipse splash mag
    - cyborg RX
    - Axe
    - Kryptonite Autococker

Thankfully this is cut down a bit, so when I play, I'll bring one electro and a couple mechs for recball just to see how the rest of the people are playing. Unless its for a big event (like Tunaball) and then I bring them all
    Stay Classy, AO...
    BEO: RIP / Topgun Paintball: RIP / Old MCB: RIP