Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much action do yours get?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    2) you have set guns for certain situatuions. Like a mini roster for those days. Woodsball, walkon, speedball. This means you have would have to play all sorts, to get the rotation going.

4) supply multiple people with guns so that you may not use them all, but they are getting some use.
    Up until the temporary move to the West Coast a few weeks ago, I was hoarding a whole lot of classic valved markers (or at least the parts to pull together 3-4 loaners) plus an old Trracer at any given time, under the justification that it gives me lots of loaners to drag my un-baptized friends out on the field. I left all them behind.

I was also playing about once a week, almost entirely recball (sometimes pump-only days, sometimes open recball--if it was mostly renters, I was usually playing pump). The move actually inspired me to realize a little something:

I have two builds going now, and once they're done I'll be set up with three guns that I think will push me towards Nobody's #2 scenario:
    1) a ULE pump that can be swapped to stock class with KNM's snap-on feed adapter (built, though it may get an xvalve soon)
    2) a rehabbed gen3/4 micromag with lvl 10 (building, thanks to SN_toter and Forest at PTP for help)
    3) my latest fling, a ULE bodied OLTR/LPR-FG/mini vert set up courtesy of Luke's (building, thanks a few times over to Luke's for pure genius)

With this combo, I can basically cover each and every play style, and I'll have at least one decently close play-style match for my wife (who in reality only plays a few times a year). Now I'm debating with myself whether I turf out all the classic valve loaners/parts I have stored up at home. I could probably use to clean up my stuff, else I'll go on tinkering with new builds and "wasting" money. I get a lot of satisfaction out of building/tinkering with all the different kinds of things you can do with mags, but I think I need to let some of this crap go... at least if I can convince anyone to pay for (some of) it.

- X-mag (my primary), warpfeed
    - EP vert framed ULE with warpfeed (I did a dirty job on a circuit board, but it works reliably and shoot amazing). Might as well be my second primary! Haha
    - EP vert framed Minimag. Just finished the project tonight. (ITS ALIVE!!) - A true custom! Wrote the friggin software and everything!
    - P&P Cold Fusion cocker
    - SFL body kit and frame out for anno as we speak
    - 2k+ franken-cocker - mostly in parts
    - Piranha STS G3 titanium - my first marker.

I get out about 5-6 times a year, and bring 3 or so markers at a time. No wall hangers, I put them thought their paces!

I'm a long time lurker here. Been playing for a bit and more than a few mags have been through my hands.
    Current guns:
    ETek 3 with Virtue board
    Mini (loaner/girlfriend's gun)
    Dye reflex cocker with E1
    Virtue'd Ion
    Dark Shocker/Dynasty Frame (SFT)
    Russian Legion Shocker NXT
    Ego 8 (being rebuilt)
    ULE Classic Mag
    Classic Mag with ReTro
    TAC1
    Cool Camo Micromag
    Tippmann 68 Carbine (first semi gun)
    Booyah Mag (debating on selling, sits around)
    Trracer Tagmaster
    Enough parts to build another Mag or two