Thread: Statement regarding First Strikes

Statement regarding First Strikes

From their Facebook page;

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius Arms
    To all of our valued customers,
    Like us, many field operators, promoters, and mag-fed paintball players were taken by surprise this week when an announcement was made that some insurers no longer cover the use of First Strike projectiles.
    Knowing the internet has the strange, unexplainable power to create “facts” we felt it important to provide some background information.
    First Strike has been in use since 2009, with thousands of players and events safely using the product to add a new level of enjoyment to the sport of paintball. Like any manufacturer, the safety of our products is of primary importance and despite statements to the contrary, First Strike has been subject to a multitude of performance and safety tests.
    In order to put this in context, it is important to first understand what the ASTM is and how their system works.
    First, ASTM standards are created after products are developed and brought to market, not before. Case in point, the sport of paintball was created in 1982 with the first ASTM standard related to an actual paintball not publishing until 1999…over 17 years later.
    Second, the ASTM is not a regulatory agency, and does not offer testing or certification services. More simply, they establish uniform guidelines and testing procedures that manufacturers can use to help create a product that is viewed as generally acceptable (as defined by the peer group assigned to a given product committee).
    Third, despite statements to the contrary, Tiberius Arms has been in contact with the ASTM regarding First Strike since before the product was ever launched (2009). In fact, standards that changed shortly after the product release would have allowed us to bring the product to market about a year sooner! Further, we worked hard to maintain established ASTM standards during our design and consider that effort very successful. In the end, the only First Strike specification that didn’t conform to the ASTM standards was the shape, which is obviously necessary to achieve the performance advantages First Strike provides.
    Fourth, our CEO George Eurick is, and has been an active member of the ASTM paintball committee.
    Finally, like any product that breaks the mold of existing standards it takes time for new standards to be created. In light of the 17 years it took to establish a standard for paintballs it is obviously not a quick process. In truth, for some time now the ASTM has had an active work item on their docket to establish a standard for First Strike and similar future products. This work item was based largely on our request, and the testing data we have supplied.
    Since their inception First Strike have spurred product line growth and innovation in an industry where it is desperately needed.
    KEE, DYE, Tippmann, Kingman, Carmatech, Lapco, Hammerhead, Milsig, and many others I am probably forgetting have released products that feature First Strike. Countless teams, leagues and field owners have based new and exciting games around them.
    It is regrettable that instead of acknowledging the contribution our Company has made to the industry people have chosen to make false and baseless claims that testing hasn’t been performed, or the ASTM has been ignored in an effort to save money or hide something.
    We look forward to the ASTM work item hitting the ballot this summer and putting to rest the significant misinformation that has been exaggerated by so many self-interested parties. In the meantime we stand by our product, player’s, and fields and will make certain First Strike continues to lead the mag-fed paintball revolution!

https://www.facebook.com/tiberiusarm...90574767633108

Thanks for that. I forget to check facebook.

Well.

What can you say ?

You can say that living legends should have First Strike Rounds.....

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_kaz View Post
    You can say that living legends should have First Strike Rounds.....
    I could say that if I cared about first strikes, or living legends....

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    I could say that if I cared about first strikes, or living legends....
    You're being a curmudgeon... bah! Humbug!
    Stay Classy, AO...
    BEO: RIP / Topgun Paintball: RIP / Old MCB: RIP

Quote Originally Posted by zondo View Post
    You're being a curmudgeon... bah! Humbug!
    Lol

personally if i owned or ran a field they would not be allowed in open play, private games or designated games only. don't need the first strikes running all the rental players off.

True.

Netting seems to be the biggest issue.

Unprotected spectators getting shot would be a legal nightmare.....

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    personally if i owned or ran a field they would not be allowed in open play, private games or designated games only. don't need the first strikes running all the rental players off.
    I have only seen them in scenario play.

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    Who spends that much on a simple walk on game? First Strike Rounds are not cheap...

Who spends that much on a simple walk on game? First Strike Rounds are not cheap...
    Truth.

.40 cents each when a typical $30 dollar 2k count box = .015 .... 1 and a half cent each.

Guess it depends how much you shoot.

You've never played with Robbie...