Thread: Fully custom EP mag

Fully custom EP mag

Its been months in the making but my monster is alive!

I was dabbling with an Arduino and decided to take a stab at writing code for a paintball gun. This was the first code project I've ever really gotten right into and built from scratch.. It's been a learning curve, that's for sure.

Code runs similar to Niedfeldt's XMOD, but not exact (Can't do that, that would be bad form - gotta make it your own!). It still has Semi, Release, Burst, Full, NXL, PSP, Millennium, and reactive. Also has dwell adjustment, debounce, ROF, brightness, and trg and ace status input. More features to come once I can think of them.

Couldn't fit the battery in the frame, so it's powering off a modded warpfeed. Did this with the last EP, never had issues.

Any suggestions?? Ideas for add-on code?

Edit: Huge shout out to Loguzzzzzz for the awesome MPA-3 install and drilling, he does some awesome work

Last edited by OneSelfLost; 05-21-2015 at 10:05 PM.

Any way to move the switch higher into the frame so the trigger tang hits it? Might allow you to move the board up and fit the battery in the frame?

Oou, very cool idea, I like it! I think that would either take a very small switch, or some creative milling. I kind of like the external battery. It gives me a power switch without making extra holes in the frame. It does make it inconvenient if I wanted to run without a warp though. Hmm.. You've got me thinking now... I could even put an opto-coupler across the safety hole, and have a magnetic return. Kind of work like an Ego frame.. Making that look good might be a bigger feat than anything haha ..maybe go Hall effect??

Or even if you still used the sear rod what about flipping the switch upside down? Would that create extra room?

I have smaller microswitches...

An omron D2F-FL (25 gram) or a D2F-01L (80 gram) microswitch would probably free up some room.

Also, a lot of the 90* panels are fairly thick and there is room to mill "pockets" into them.