Thread: Looking to purchase an automag

Looking to purchase an automag

I知 a returning player after a 15 year hiatus and I知 looking to purchase an automag that I remember using in the past (borrowed from a friend) and loving it. I hope the vets here can help me make a good decision.

For your information, I currently use an Axe Pro and I pretty much only play recball but on the occasion when I am facing opponents going nuts with paint, I'd like to show them not to underestimate a mech. My budget can go up to $500 or more so I can purchase the new ULE RT Custom but I don稚 know if that gun is worth the price.

I want a relatively lightweight gun with easy maintenance, hence why I got the Axe. But I want a mech gun too on those days when I don稚 want to deal with batteries or OLED boards. I知 even considering getting a Proto Primo hopper to completely rid myself of electronics.

So should I just get the new automag with all the bells and whistles or should I get a classic one?

And how is the ULT trigger? Is it as light as current markers like the Axe?

Ok...if you are dealing with wanting to toss a lot of paint the easiest way is to get something with an xvalve, standard on/off (not ULT), and a tank with a high output...you will probably want a force fed hopper so batteries with it will be a necessity.

Then work to sweet spot things so it RTs nicely and get the level 10 bolt adjusted so you cannot chop balls.

Nothing wrong with new. You'd prolly end up like the rest of us and sink more than that into a used one anyway, once the bug bites. There's lots of good used stuff out there, though.

Get an RT Pro ULE or a Tac One.

Email Tunaman, he will hook you up.

tunaman5@verizon.net
    Last edited by going_home; 05-22-2015 at 09:00 AM.

I will be the weird one and say that you can go with a classic valve for much cheaper than a RT Pro. It will be heavier than your Axe, but if you want to slow down your RoF, then you don't need to use the Xvalve.

I can build you one using an Emag valve or RT Pro valve that will be just as fast as an Xvalve...if you want to stay on the cheaper side. Email me...tunaman5@verizon.net
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    I will be the weird one and say that you can go with a classic valve for much cheaper than a RT Pro. It will be heavier than your Axe, but if you want to slow down your RoF, then you don't need to use the Xvalve.
    Classic with an RT on/off... agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectralhunter View Post

So should I just get the new automag with all the bells and whistles or should I get a classic one?

And how is the ULT trigger? Is it as light as current markers like the Axe?
    My vote would be one with all the bells and whistles, including a clamping feedneck and an on/off asa.

The ULT trigger is ridiculously light. Not quite as light as your axe, but not too far off either. Your fingers won't get tired shooting long strings

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyBeans View Post
    My vote would be one with all the bells and whistles, including a clamping feedneck and an on/off asa.

The ULT trigger is ridiculously light. Not quite as light as your axe, but not too far off either. Your fingers won't get tired shooting long strings
    Agreed.

Go big or get back on the porch.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Honestly posts like this in my opinion is more to reinforce what I was planning from the beginning. I just needed to see if I missed anything.

I was leaning towards a complete ULE RT Custom and I think I will stick with that.

Now I don't want to offend anyone but is there a reason why I should go with Tuna instead of direct through AGD? I want some specific customization so I will contact Tuna but I was just curious.

Because you can tune a piano but you can't tuna fish.

Tuna is #1 AGD dealer, give him a shout.

They don't call the AGD weekend Tunaball for nothing.

I think going with Tuna is always a good idea. He will put together what you want and tech it before shipping out.

With that said, there is something to be said for finding and building a Mag exactly the way you want it piece by piece. Of course you will end up with extras for the second, third and fourth Mags..... Like someone so eloquently said, Mags are kinda like the Legos of the PB world. Or maybe its the GRRRanimals of the PB world...

Yeah I thought about building but I fear the bug. If I end up with a couple of left over pieces, I'll end up trying to build a new gun out of those.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Yeah I thought about building but I fear the bug. If I end up with a couple of left over pieces, I'll end up trying to build a new gun out of those.
    i think if you have something in mind, just try to get that right off the bat. it'll be easier and cheaper in the long run.

All mags are reliable as well mags.

If you want something not off the shelf, go with Tuna. If you want off the shelf, go to AGD.

If you want a solid not RT'ing mech go with a classic valve.

If you want the possibility of playing with RT, go with an Xvalve.

If you want a gun that latter on, you may want to go more in depth, i.e. ULT trigger, pneumag setup, future anno; go with the Xvalve.

Tuna will provide for you a custom AGD mag that will be fully tuned right out of the box. Just select the options you want. Its really the most economical way to get a new custom built mag.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

I really appreciate all the feedback. I truly do. This is a great community.

I really appreciate all the feedback. I truly do. This is a great community.
    I can provide some things that AGD does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    I can provide some things that AGD does not.
    Tuna casserole??????

Yeah if i was going to do this and wanted the most options, tuna would be the way to go.