Thread: SpyderBoy's harem

SpyderBoy's harem

Ok. First I have to share my Spyders since they were my first love when I could only dream about owning an awesome (expensive) marker like an automag. I still keep them all tuned and chronoed and they get used fairly often as loaners.

These two are spare-part builds made with leftovers from the various incarnations of my main Spyder over the years.

This one I won in a random drawing on PB Nation just for logging on or posting once... Now my 14-year old daughter uses it and loves it. It's small, light, and it has an e-trigger with eyes. Perfect! She played for the first time two weeks ago and managed to ambush three of the other team in one skirmish that occurred within view of the safe zone! I couldn't have been more proud and I think she's hooked. I'm taking her out again tomorrow morning.

Here's the final version of my main Spyder which turned into an LP project. I think the only stock part left is the main body. The internals are an AKA Lightning Bolt, Maddman Rocket valve, and polished striker. Externally, I've got two Palmer's Stabilizers in series with Dye gages, shrink-wrapped stainless line with QD on both ends so I can service either reg easily, a Check-It Products 15 degree assault block, AKA beavertail/cocking rod, Spyder e-frame, and 14" Evil Pipe barrel system. I used this marker twice this spring while my Mags were under the knife and it worked flawlessly!

After spending about 8 years shooting and upgrading Spyders I got my first Automag! That was a good day... but it didn't take me long to find AO and see some of the possibilities. Hill and others got me excited about an EgoMag. And so it began again...

I collected all of the parts using the great advice and experience available here on AO and did what work I could with my limited equipment and skill. In other words I sent the pile of parts to Luke and Loguzzzzz and they made them work together. special thanks to both of you.

Here is my humble EgoMag. I shot it for the first time tonight and tomorrow it's hitting the field!

Finally, my MM2K9 is fully assembled and functional too! Life is good!

Next I think I'll break out of Mag-world and pick up an SSR! Maybe a pump-action... haven't decided yet. After that, as soon as I think I'm done messing around with the EgoMag, I'll get it hydro-dipped or Duracoated or something. Then, if fortune continues to smile on me I'll probably put together a Luke's Pneu-Mag setup.

I love paintball...
    Last edited by SpyderBoy; 05-23-2015 at 01:19 AM.

Very nice collection. The pilot is a great and under rated gun. Egomag full EP? Have velocity issue fixed on MM2K9?
    Feedback
    God is good

The EgoMag is fully functional minus the eyes... no need for them. It uses a Palmer's Pebble reg, a noid, and ram to actuate the mechanical sear. All the modes of the Star Frame are intact.

Tomorrow will be the first time I've tried the MM2K9 so I'll find out if I have velocity issues real soon. Haha.