Thread: X-mag first shot ?low?

X-mag first shot ?low?

For quite a while now my xmag (in E mod) will not fire the first shot if it sits for a while. This is not a big deal for speedball because I can fire a few rounds right before the start and it rocks all the way through. However, I am going into the woods for a scenario game this weekend and I want to be able to depend on that first shot going off.

The solenoid moves and returns. Some times I have to switch to manual mode to get it unstuck before switching back to E.

Full battery.

This feels like a possible first shot drop off problem but it is rather extreme.

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by raiderpb View Post
    For quite a while now my xmag (in E mod) will not fire the first shot if it sits for a while. This is not a big deal for speedball because I can fire a few rounds right before the start and it rocks all the way through. However, I am going into the woods for a scenario game this weekend and I want to be able to depend on that first shot going off.

The solenoid moves and returns. Some times I have to switch to manual mode to get it unstuck before switching back to E.

Full battery.

This feels like a possible first shot drop off problem but it is rather extreme.

Any suggestions?
    adjust the solenoid plunger to 3.010 and see if that does it. As they get older, and the battery gets weaker the solenoids don't pull like when they were new. Let us know.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

I had big explanation and lost it....
    Short version: I put in a larger lvl10 spacer and it appears to have cleared the problem. Will find out this weekend.

sounds like a little bolt stick. Does your software support ABS settings?

Quote Originally Posted by raiderpb View Post
    I had big explanation and lost it....
    Short version: I put in a larger lvl10 spacer and it appears to have cleared the problem. Will find out this weekend.
    If it isn't leaking with the larger carrier, then you were definitely using one that was too tight. You always want to make sure you are using the largest one that doesn't leak. Remove all the shims from the powertube as well. They can cause leaks that make you think you need a carrier size that is tighter than you really need.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.