Thread: AGD day in central coast cali interest

AGD day in central coast cali interest

So I was talking to a couple of the managers and mag guys at the local field yesterday and was wondering if anyone would be interested in coming down and doing a 'mag day'...they are about 6-10 people that use them as primary shooters and play at least 2-3 times a month. The field it would be at is called Gladiator Paintball Park located in San Luis Obispo, CA.
    As of this last weekend the park has 6 fields, HyperBall, Large Walls, Concrete Cylinders, Village, Junk Yard, and Large Spools...They have compressed air and I believe CO2 is also available, field paint only with the option of Valken infinity, graffiti and/or redemption. If there is any interest I can update this thread with detailed pics of the fields... There are many neighboring beach towns with nice hotels and some cheap places to stay around the area, also a camp ground is directly across the freeway about 1-2 mile drive which would probably be the cheapest and closest place. Just gauging interest at this point and looking for ideas and what not...Maybe a vintage or old school day could be organized with many more people to play with as I know there are many cocker guys in the area also. let me know what you guys think...

Just for a refrence point for the older AO members the field is roughly 25 miles from the old NorCal Vs SoCal AO Day

**UPDATE 6/7/15***
    If anyone is interested, I took it upon myself to snap some pics of the fields today, I took over 70 pictures today, I'll post the best, and I'll post a link to the photobucket Library if you fellows want to check out almost every detail that I've offered
    so far there is a total of 6 fields playable, Junk Yard, Village, Concrete Cylinders, Walls/Attack & Defend, Hyper Ball, and Spools.
    they do have 2/3 smaller fields a Small Walls, Small Spools and Barrels, but recently they took apart the Barrels and added them to the Walls to make a big bunker in the middle for an Attack & Defend type game, the small spools/small walls was originally made for 1v1 or splat ball but they've stopped both or hardly get use and the owner/ managers of the field are wanting to demolish them and use the those fields plus the already empty space they have on larger scenario field, ive heard talks of both Hay Bales, Trenches, Railroad Ties
    so if we get to do this as an annual thing, most likely there will be more to choose from.
    Last edited by alpha_q_up23; 06-08-2015 at 12:47 AM.

Junk Yard

and heres a 360 from atop the hood of the bus

Last edited by alpha_q_up23; 06-08-2015 at 12:34 AM.

Village

and here's a 360 from the hangmans noose in the middle

Last edited by alpha_q_up23; 06-08-2015 at 12:21 AM.

Concrete Cylinders

and here's a panorama from the snake side

Last edited by alpha_q_up23; 06-08-2015 at 12:22 AM.

Walls/Attack & Defend

here's a panorama from the sideline

and heres a 360 from the inside of the barrel fortress
    Last edited by alpha_q_up23; 06-08-2015 at 12:22 AM.

Hyper Ball

here's a panorama of the dorito side

Last edited by alpha_q_up23; 06-08-2015 at 12:23 AM.

Spools

and here's a panorama of the snake side

Last edited by alpha_q_up23; 06-08-2015 at 12:23 AM.

Misc.

they have a shooting gallery for the ones who are too young to play

if we end up making an event here, like my brother said there are plenty of beachside cities a few miles from the field or literally about >1 mile there is a place to camp

and of course you say why hold a california AGD/Oldschool day here, and not down south at Jungle Island/SC Village or up North in Santa Clara
    1. this is located almost half way between Los Angeles and San Francisco
    2. its almost always sunny and warm
    and most importantly
    3. just look what their big banner is repping

I mean how can you not hold at least one AGD day here?

Like I said, if you want to check out all the pictures I took you can find them HERE ill update this thread/posts as needed when they build new fields/rearrange fields cause they have room for a lot more, and recently came under new management that is really into building and maintaining the fields
    Last edited by alpha_q_up23; 06-08-2015 at 12:32 AM.

That tall red building in the background, used to be my shop/office.

I'm up for it, but I'll need to borrow a tank, as all mine have been out of date for years.

Oh man if Army is going then I might have to fly back to Cali to play. I miss those SoCal AO days.

Quote Originally Posted by Army View Post
    That tall red building in the background, used to be my shop/office.

I'm up for it, but I'll need to borrow a tank, as all mine have been out of date for years.
    I'm positive that either me or one of my brothers has more than enough tanks to spare you one

I may be interested in making the drive. Did for the South vs North game too way back when.
    ......You know you want one!!

Never been to one, but it's certainly close enough for my interest. Field looks nice.
    Feedback
    God is good

Having played at a few larger paintball parks down south and a couple in Northern California, there is nothing like being able to start a game by just askin a ref. no waiting for 'your level' group to start or anything like that. Also, word is that they will be getting a new airball field...those of you that are interested, post up or pm me and we can narrow down a date in a few months so people have time to plan accordingly. Once we get that going we can spread the word on other forums like MCB, CC, PBN...?

I'll play. Just narrow down a date. It's been a while but I'll break out the mag to play. I was there for the first nor cal /so cal game at Brads field in Creston and it was a blast.. Army I think you put the level ten in my E-mag way back when. Glad to here there is a group of old school players still out here.

Checking interest in this thread. This is a great place to play with new fields going up now and full field owner interest and support.

I'm in Oceanside. Would love to come up to camp and play with other maggots. Guess this means I better finish my project gun soon.

Going there tomorrow, we'll chat with the owner and get this rolling. Maybe something like a oldschool/pump/mech day...I'm thinking big games with everyone combined and some pump only matches as well...this needs to become an anual event

I got a friend in Cali I could always stay with, this would be an awesome trip!

OMg I would love to go to an automag/pump day in SLO. I bought my husband and 2 boys each their own mag. We go to Bacci Mt almost every summer. So you can count the Robbins/formerly Letlow clan in if and when you have it.

Awesome to see there is still interest, the field is building a new scenario field, and they're supposed to get an airball field in the future, once the scenario field is done I'll get pictures up