Thread: vert feed mods

vert feed mods

Anyone still offering this service for ss mainbodies?

I discontinued those last year, I don't know of anyone else that do them.

I have an extra one if you are looking.

Luke,

I know... I sent You a message some time ago. All I can cry is, 'Whhhhhyyyyyyyyy Oh why!?". Let's be honest, what's it gonna cost for You to pump out a few more?

C_losjoker,

I'd love to see it. Tortawagon@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by CAT/J View Post
    Luke, I know... I sent You a message some time ago. All I can cry is, 'Whhhhhyyyyyyyyy Oh why!?". Let's be honest, what's it gonna cost for You to pump out a few more?
    I wouldn't continue them even if people would pay 3x what I was charging. It's not about money it about not wanting to do them. I did a bunch of them over the years, just burned out on it, got to the point I couldn't stand seeing the orders come in.

I still have a few feednecks if you know someone that can TIG weld or silver solder stainless steel. What's one worth?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I wouldn't continue them even if people would pay 3x what I was charging. It's not about money it about not wanting to do them. I did a bunch of them over the years, just burned out on it, got to the point I couldn't stand seeing the orders come in.
    Understandable, but sorry to hear it. Thanks for doing it in the first place.

For the record, I will say that they feed flawlessly, and I actually enjoy the offset position over a vert feed. Also, the necks welded on the front and back did not warp the bodies in any amount I could measure, as opposed to the older top and bottom welded ones, which was very slight. I'm sad to see these go. I take consolation in that they are welded stainless and that they will last just like the rest of the mags they are on.

I have one done by Luke back in 03/2007 and I am still using it. Except none of the kids at my field even know what an Automag is... haha.

Before I leave this alone, and in case Luke never saw this whole pic. My son is a terror with this verted pump mag. The field is empty behind him because he hit the front line well ahead of the rest of the side in this scenario game. That's another reason to like a vert with no elbow; you can run flat out and not worry about your feeder flopping around. We've had lots of fun with the verts, which is much as any reason I like them.

Thanks for the picture, love seeing this stuff. I've put tons of parts out there but only see limited stuff in action.

I always thought there were other options to convert the ss bodies to vert but KKM beat me to it.

I still have one of these myself that works great! I know it'd be even better if I had either a force-fed loader or a pump kit, but you can't beat this kind of quality with a stick! Can't see much of the actual mod, but it's offset left, which works perfectly for me since I sight just off-right of the top of the body.

MiniClassic by R3divulpis, on Flickr

Let me share my weapon of choice

Name:  10991311_10102964184537254_5473197443175096159_n.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  71.0 KB

I love vert feed necks on classic mags. May not be Luke's work, but here's mine.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  77.4 KB
    Last edited by ghost flanker; 07-08-2015 at 03:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost flanker View Post
    I love vert feed necks on classic mags. May not be Luke's work, but here's mine.
Views: 116
Size:  77.4 KB

Actually, that IS luke's work. He did that body for me.

So it is. Whoops. I was too lazy last night to look up the description of it from your "stuff for sale" thread before posting my gun's vertically fed glory. Quite happy with my purchase, by the way.
    Last edited by ghost flanker; 07-08-2015 at 01:28 PM.

Look what I just picked up for $40.
Views: 106
Size:  24.1 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  28.5 KB

One of yours, Luke?