Thread: Wayne"s World Annual 2 Day Player Appreciation Scenario

Wayne"s World Annual 2 Day Player Appreciation Scenario

This event is Wayne Dollack’s annual 2 Day Player Appreciation Scenario. Both days are FREE.

Free Admission!

Two solid days of Fun and Excitement!
    EVENT PAINT ONLY!

When: Saturday, July 18 and Sunday, July 19
    Where: Wayne's World of Paintball, Ocala, Florida
    Admission Cost: There is none. It's Free!!!*
    Includes Admission, Collectible Credentials and Awards
    Paint: $65 Premium Paintballs
    $70 Marballizer Paintballs
    Time: 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. each day
    For more information call Wayne's World of Paintball
    at 352-401-1801, or e-mail us at wd24hour@atlantic.net

Register by Mail

Register Online

Scenario Rules

Waivers

*Deposit for entry to scenario is $10.00 per player per day.
    Each registered participant will be given a
    $10 CO2 Air Card or All Day HPA in exchange for the Deposit.
    (Due to the large participation at this event,
    we may not be able to accommodate those who do not pre-register.)
    Last edited by [NA]WARLORD; 06-13-2015 at 11:17 PM.

Man this one is pinging some kind of red flag warning for me. While I get that the scenario concept might be cool, I feel like this is a little bit too close to the line between what is PC and what might be perceived as offensive or outright racist. The banner itself is pushing it, with a Mexican flag in the background and chainlink fence in the foreground. What is that really trying to say?

Considering the typical (but by no means only) demographic that plays paintball, it's hard to imagine that this is a good idea; a bunch of white men posing for fun as Mexican gangsters that are, as the paintball is played, murdering hundreds of innocent people. All the while the real gangsters are fighting an active insurgency against the Mexican federal government.

Maybe it's a good way to raise awareness about the issue, but my sense is that it's really just a way to make paintball look pretty bad to an outside observer.

Pretty cool that it's free though.

You think too much, it's just a damn game. There is no costume contest, its not Americans vs Mexican's, it's all based off of two cartels fighting for supremacy. If there are enough participants, a third faction of crooked federales will be introduced.

It's making a devastating ongoing event in Mexico into pure entertainment. Introducing "crooked federales" is compounding the issue. Regardless of whether there's an explicit costume competition, you can be sure that there will be some ponchos, sombreros and handlebar moustaches on the fronts of masks.

And I'm guessing, by the banner, that the points system is based on moving simulated cocaine/meth/whatever between points.

While it may be "just a damn game," this is definitely one theme that doesn't do a lot of good to instill confidence in the casual or suspicious observer of paintball.

But you're right, I probably think too much.

Ever play Call Of Duty or Grand Theft Auto or buy them for your kids ?