Thread: Custom Mag Frames

Custom Mag Frames

Hey guys I was just curious I see a lot of people put non mag frames on their mags but they seems to be the typical spyder, ul, or angel frames. But I was wondering has anyone tried anything else?

Then there's of course all the Ego/Etek mags

Because you are pushing on the trigger rod, you need but 2 things. Clear area for said trigger rod to contact the trigger, and the proper spacing for the frame screws to attach to the rail. So in reality, anything can be used. Just need some imagination and a donor frame and you might start a new craze.

i've got a ccm 86 frame on one of mine

Someone did a quest frame, i really liked how that looks on there.

Gotcha yes I have seen etek too forgot about those but glad to hear that pretty much any frame can work. I must say i do like the shocker frames myself haha

Yeah a shocker frame could work if you drill it out so there is enough room for the sear to move. I've really liked the UL Dye frames people are putting on mags. I think the DM5 is the best frame for this because of the flat top to match up to the rail the best. But honestly anything with enough room for the sear to move will work. Even then you can still find ways to mod it to work. Thats the beauty of automags, so many options because its such a simple design. Heck I even once had a Timmy electro-pneumatic frame on a mag that worked.

I used a Nummech on mine. Worked out pretty well once I got the right rail.

https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...hlight=nummech

ANS GX4 and GX5 frames. Really, you can put just about any frame on a mag if you can figure out the the screw spacing, clearance for the trigger rod, and trigger rod length.