Thread: New UL Frame specifically for Automags?

New UL Frame specifically for Automags?

Ok, so I have seen multiple posts of Mags with DYE UL frames. They look great, and there seems to be an interest. Would any of the powers that be in Mag Airsmithdome be interested in making a UL style frame that would be Mag specific? I love the frames that are currently offered, but would love the option of a more swoopy, aesthetically pleasing frame similar to a UL style. Anyone else be up for this if we could get it done?

I 2nd this. I can't think of a single one of our house machinists that doesn't already have a full plate, but a UL style frame that took UL style grips would be okay USA in my book.

Interesting I deft. like the idea, always nice bringing something "new" to the table for mags

Basically I like what is out there, but think it would be interesting to bring something to the market that is a little more "swoopy".

Defiantly something I will consider after I get bodies in production. Just tying up loose ends after the oltr project.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Defiantly something I will consider after I get bodies in production. Just tying up loose ends after the oltr project.
    Think that would be great. Maybe even better if it can be designed as to be able to take the OLTR... Take into consideration the LPR foregrip width and design a custom length frame so everything ties in together without gaps or overhangs. ....

Indeed.

I would like to see a frame that uses an internal air line that feeds into a newly designed rail that has an external port we can put a macro fitting in and only require a short macro run. No more need of long ugly macro runs or feeding it into the foregrip. Really bring it into the 21st without redesigning the valve.

Quote Originally Posted by kfletch View Post
    I would like to see a frame that uses an internal air line that feeds into a newly designed rail that has an external port we can put a macro fitting in and only require a short macro run. No more need of long ugly macro runs or feeding it into the foregrip. Really bring it into the 21st without redesigning the valve.
    That rail would be very expensive and the internal air would cause potential leaking problems.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Bodies? Just when i thought my OLTR mag was complete. Any pics or drawings of said bodies?

The full Luke mag is coming, are you redesigning valves as well?

Quote Originally Posted by scootdogss View Post
    Bodies? Any pics or drawings of said bodies?
    Have not started the project yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    That rail would be very expensive and the internal air would cause potential leaking problems.
    Actually all the new guns are using internal now because it doesn't cause any more leaks as macro fittings. You just need 1 o-ring at the base where the frame meets the asa and at the top where it meets the rail.

they also don't require high pressure at a really high flow rate. bob long guns have issues with blowing frame orings at 550 psi from what i have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    they also don't require high pressure at a really high flow rate. bob long guns have issues with blowing frame orings at 550 psi from what i have heard.
    I think that might be a bob long thing. I've run an axe and a dm15 on an 800psi tank and haven't had any issues

Actually all the new guns are using internal now because it doesn't cause any more leaks as macro fittings. You just need 1 o-ring at the base where the frame meets the asa and at the top where it meets the rail.
    ???

And then you need macro fitting anyways to feed the mag valve anyways. I guess you could feed the valve via banjo bolt (because RT banjo bolts never have leaking problems).

Easiest & most reliable way to get air is just the stainless braided line from the ASA to the valve. Maybe add some heat shrink and inline QD if needed.
    Last edited by Pneumagger; 06-16-2015 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pneumagger View Post
    ???

And then you need macro fitting anyways to feed the mag valve. I guess you could feed the valve via banjo bolt (because RT banjo bolts never have leaking problems).
    Well my mags have 4 fittings as I don't like the long ugly 1 hose from asa to valve look. But it really doesn't matter, I was only trying to be positive and offer suggestions that may help mags with their common complaints I hear about them. But rellly trying to constantly re-revive them is really the big joke. They are only a niche market with a dwindling user base. No real money to be made, so nothing revolutionary will come. That's the reality (and no banjo bolt can change that fact).

I'd like that, or one that leads from front Asa to that point closer to the valve. Would make the gun look that much cleaner.

Not trying to rain on the parade here, but it is totally different on an idea versus implementation of an actual piece. Doing internal air passages is extremely diffficult to cut. You can't do curves and you need to think about how and where you need to drill. The best parts come from people saying it can't be done and you proove them wrong.

So take a look at your rail and on a piece of paper sketch it out. You need to have clearance for the valve screw, sear cutout & the sear screw(if basing off an RT-pro style rail). Then in a red or different coloured pen, draw out the air passages. See how and where you need to place the air lines and then think about how to make them. When you are done with that, then talk to Cougars20th, XMT or Luke about the specs of the rail and see if you could get the specs and draw it up formally.

It isn't an impossible dream but to make it so it is a retrofit to the Mag design you need to really think about the design. Sorry for a dose of design reality, but it is almost easier just to thread the macroline through the frame.