Thread: Emag battery charger issues

Emag battery charger issues

I'm getting back in paintball after a very long hiatus. I have an Emag that has been lightly used - I'm the only owner. It has the original battery in it. The battery literally has less than 20 charges on it - lifetime. (Probably more like 10)

I'm not sure if my issue is the age of the battery or something else. When I put it on the charger on the battery the LED charges to red. It then charges for less than an hour and then turns green. This seems like way too short a duration for a proper charge.

FYI, I have I have charger plugged into a 12v 1800mA wall charger.

Thanks,

Calvin
    From a poster at PB Nation:

""Jim, back to your cave. Bob Long is on the batphone..."

MY FEEDBACK

The battery could be not taking a charge anymore. It happens.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cledford View Post
    I'm getting back in paintball after a very long hiatus. I have an Emag that has been lightly used - I'm the only owner. It has the original battery in it. The battery literally has less than 20 charges on it - lifetime. (Probably more like 10)

I'm not sure if my issue is the age of the battery or something else. When I put it on the charger on the battery the LED charges to red. It then charges for less than an hour and then turns green. This seems like way too short a duration for a proper charge.

Thanks,

Calvin
    measure the battery voltage with a multimeter. if i'm not mistaken, when fully charged the battery should have about 19.6v. the voltage should drop slowly after fully charged, but should still have like 19.2v or so after a few days.

i know im in the wrong thread here but a buddy of mine gave me his old gear bag and at tha bottom was an Automag classic 68 was wondering where too send it too too have it brought back too life its missing asa macrolines and who knows what else

Quote Originally Posted by cledford View Post

Thanks,

Calvin
    if it is the original battery it is definitely shot. I have them if you need one.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

As Tuna mentioned, it will be shot.

NiMh batteries can't be stored for long periods of time without a full charge. If they were maintained at a full charge for their full life, they might have stood a chance of having some life, but given that it was put away for quite a while, I'm guessing that is not the case.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.