Thread: XMOD: I have programmer - anyone have files?

XMOD: I have programmer - anyone have files?

I have the XMOD programmer - bought it years ago. I was thinking recently I would finally flash my emag from 3.2 to XMOD. I went to the Nicad website and the firmware files seem to be the only thing you can't download, even as a registered user.

Can anyone provide me the firmware?

Thanks,

-Calvin

From a poster at PB Nation:

""Jim, back to your cave. Bob Long is on the batphone..."

MY FEEDBACK

http://www.niedtech.com/

Pretty sure you'll have to send your gun to Tunaman to have it installed.

I think Paul removed the link to the software and Tuna is authorized to install it.

Something like that , so contact Tuna.

Tunaman is the authorized dealer that can do new installs.

There are several people that purchased the programmer for the right to load their own firmware as well. Those people need to be able to get access to the file, without sending their gun to someone, in the event that something has happened to their copy of the file.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

If I'm not mistaken Paul only authorized the original owner of each programmer to install the software, or something to that effect.

Pretty sure thats the reason he removed it from his site.

People were buying the programmers used and he was loosing revenue on his software.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    If I'm not mistaken Paul only authorized the original owner of each programmer to install the software, or something to that effect.

Pretty sure thats the reason he removed it from his site.

People were buying the programmers used and he was loosing revenue on his software.
    You are correct. The original purchasers of the programmers still need the files though. They are easy to lose or get corrupted. I recently had all my AGD firmware backup files get corrupted. It happens. I now don't have them to load back onto any of my guns in the event that I want to sell the gun and keep the Xmod program for myself to load on another emag, which is required unless you sell the programmer with the emag.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    You are correct. The original purchasers of the programmers still need the files though. They are easy to lose or get corrupted. I recently had all my AGD firmware backup files get corrupted. It happens. I now don't have them to load back onto any of my guns in the event that I want to sell the gun and keep the Xmod program for myself to load on another emag, which is required unless you sell the programmer with the emag.
    I am the original purchaser of my programmer and wouldn't mind if there was a way to email the developer to get a copy, but it appears that functionality was removed from the site.

I was able to obtain a copy so I'm good.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    YI recently had all my AGD firmware backup files get corrupted. It happens. I now don't have them to load back onto any of my guns in the event that I want to sell the gun and keep the Xmod program for myself to load on another emag, which is required unless you sell the programmer with the emag.
    I might be remembering this incorrectly from the help/readme files, but if you still have the gun with xmod on it, couldn't you back it up again using the programmer by pulling a copy of the file back off the gun? You would only then be short a copy of the AGD factory software in your backups which I'm assuming you could get legitimately from AGD directly or Tuna?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    I might be remembering this incorrectly from the help/readme files, but if you still have the gun with xmod on it, couldn't you back it up again using the programmer by pulling a copy of the file back off the gun? You would only then be short a copy of the AGD factory software in your backups which I'm assuming you could get legitimately from AGD directly or Tuna?
    Yes, you could. I actually have the Xmod program. I don't have my AGD firmware files that got corrupted somehow, so I can't put the email back to an AGD spec. The other part, is that the Xmod files are series of files, each different depending on the ramping specs you want to use. So you need all the files, not just the one you have installed.

With me it won't be an issue, at least not in the near future. I tend to keep all my guns, especially ones with long term sentimental value.

We should probably host the original AGD files here for backup and historical value. If anybody has the original AGD firmware, PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post
    We should probably host the original AGD files here for backup and historical value. If anybody has the original AGD firmware, PM me.
    The AGD files are intellectual property and not for redistribution. There are still plenty of 3.2 upgrades going on...
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    The AGD files are intellectual property and not for redistribution. There are still plenty of 3.2 upgrades going on...
    Someone still pays for that crap?

That would be an interesting thread for a poll.

Leaving it open for multiple votes for those that have more than one e/xmag.

I'd be interested to know what software version is the most prevalent.

Wasn't thinking about it for distribution, more for archival/backup purposes. With only a few people having them, if it gets lost, they're gone.

If you think about it, if you have a programmer you most likely are NOT putting 3.2 on any guns, AND already have the ability to back up the AGD software for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    If you think about it, if you have a programmer you most likely are NOT putting 3.2 on any guns, AND already have the ability to back up the AGD software for yourself.
    You would be surprised with the amount of emags and Xmags around that still have the older software. I do about 2-3 3.2 a week...sometimes more.

You would be surprised with the amount of emags and Xmags around that still have the older software. I do about 2-3 3.2 a week...sometimes more.
    No wonder why you can afford all of those new toys