Thread: CAD file for 90° Angel-style grips

CAD file for 90° Angel-style grips

Hi all,

I am trying to find someone to mill custom 90° grips for a RPG Chimera frame.
    Can anyone provide a CAD file, that would make things much quicker / cheaper.

Thanks
    Ste

Did you try luke?

I hope you realize that the price to do them might not be what you think the costs are. Anytime you want a 1 off of anything, the cost can sometimes be worth more than you think.

The grips for that frame should follow the normal Angel 90° grips. That is something that Luke should have or easily get. So i would ask him if he would be willing to do it.

Thanks for the feedback and yes I am aware of the costs for one-offs.
    As far as I know Luke does not mill cf, but maybe that has changed...

if you had prints/CAD of what you need, My guess is a overseas shop could crank out some aluminum one-offs for around $40-$80ea.
    Just measure some regular Angel 90deg grip panels. That's all the bigger vert mag grips use.

Quote Originally Posted by Pneumagger View Post
    if you had prints/CAD of what you need, My guess is a overseas shop could crank out some aluminum one-offs for around $40-$80ea.
    Just measure some regular Angel 90deg grip panels. That's all the bigger vert mag grips use.
    yeah just take a regular set of grips, and trace them onto paper. should be more than accurate enough.
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    yeah just take a regular set of grips, and trace them onto paper. should be more than accurate enough.
    How difficult is it to put a vert angel grip on a classic RT? Does it need milling and what not?
    Or, Can the back hole just be drilled for the Banjo Bolt and maybe the trigger rod set to 1mm and its good?

Also, I dont have one but if I did I could get it laser scanned in 3d at work for extremely precise dimensions and then spit out some simple cad files for anyone.

I found a video that answers my question... https://youtu.be/emi1p0OXQkc
    Last edited by BassdudeBTB; 03-24-2016 at 11:44 AM.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  51.1 KB
    I had these 3D Printed 15 dollars
    Angel frame micromag build
    Daniel Auer printed these
    forefrip vertical feed and grip panels

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy4mad View Post
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  51.1 KB
    I had these 3D Printed 15 dollars
    Angel frame micromag build
    Daniel Auer printed these
    forefrip vertical feed and grip panels
    That's awesome! I don't know who that is but I'm interested to look into that.
    Im looking into an angel vert from Cummins1290 and it needs panels.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy4mad View Post
    Thank you!

something like this.

I probably was making these about 2 years ago.
    then I broke my printers life took a great big steamer on me and bam.
    Last edited by knownothingmags; 03-30-2016 at 11:46 AM.

They look nice! Do they fit all Angel Vert grips? Or maybe even Luke's mini-vert?

Quote Originally Posted by BassdudeBTB View Post
    They look nice! Do they fit all Angel Vert grips? Or maybe even Luke's mini-vert?
    mine?
    fit m90 and chimera RPG which if im correct have the same mounting hole positions as all 90* frames.
    Lukes mini vert... I have no idea. what his orientation is.

My frames are much shorter than than Angel frames, hence the name "mini". Below is a comparison of the Angel and the Mini Vert panels. The Angel grip is for the Logic frame with the dovetail bottom that is almost 1/8" shorter than the standard panels.

If there is a demand for another run of Angel grip panels I would make them, I never made a cnc version so improvements could be made plus engraving would be an option. It took years to sell the last batch that was only a run of 30 so I would have to sell some up front to do the job.
    Last edited by luke; 04-06-2016 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    My frames are much shorter than than Angel frames, hence the name "mini". Below is a comparison of the Angel and the Mini Vert panels. The Angel grip is for the Logic frame with the dovetail bottom that is almost 1/8" shorter than the standard panels.

Oh wow that's quite a difference! I have huge hands and would probably struggle with the mini.

Thanks for the info Luke.
    I am surprised it took so long to sell your frames, they are very nice, and all the options you offer with the panels should've made them sell like hot-cakes!

I was talking about the Angel grips not my frames.

Are your hands to big for the Intelli frame? The Mini Vert is comparable to that and of course the single trigger version has much more room.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I was talking about the Angel grips not my frames.

Are your hands to big for the Intelli frame? The Mini Vert is comparable to that and of course the single trigger version has much more room.
    Oh my bad..
    I ordered an intelli from Tunaman.
    I've been getting busier and busier at work and I realistically won't have time to tinker with the Angel frame in the foreseeable future...
    I figured a bolt-on upgrade would give me more time on the field rather than tinkering/ down time for my mag.
    I hope my hand will fit because my set-up currently weighs 10 lbs! I need a good grip on it...

Name:  IMG_3341.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  108.3 KB