Thread: warp feed issues

warp feed issues

im having issues with my warp feed feeding pant reliably. i believe that the paint is too small and my disks are not gripping properly because the space is too large. does any one have any tips on how i can get this issue solved. also the disks are brand new, i was tunning and setting up when i came across this problem. im using the vibration sensor set on the most sensitive setting.

would it help to take the disks out and turn them around 180 degrees and re install them? thats what your supposed to do after they spread out too much from use.

There brand new, i dont see that helping at all

does the ball drop all the way to the bottom of the disks? if so i would guess that something slipped and they are not held together as close as they are supposed to be.

did it start out ok with the new disks then quit or has it not worked at all with the new disks?

any luck yet?

The balls dont fall all the way but with the warp and hose loaded with paint the disks slip on the balls and dont grasp them like it does with larger paint. The paint its doing it with i run a 684 bore size. Im going to grab some larger paint and see if that makes a difference. Also it has not worked with the new disks.

Also it is feeding just slower than normal. I came to the conclusion of it being the disks because its still trying to feed like normal, its just not moving the paint like it is spinning

check the drive belt and make sure its not slipping.

normally the disc's expand/wear & then they slip , a turnaround normally fixes this , with new disc's you should feed paint fine , even very small paint , take a sharpie & make a mark on the edge of the disc ( unless you have clear shells ) then run it to make sure you don't have a belt slippin ( like Vintage said ) , another thing , are the disc's super clean , I've had break's that I've actually had to tear down & clean them twice

The disks are brand new out of the package, yes my warp is clear, the disks are spinning. If the drive belt was slipping wouldnt i be able to see it in the disks movement? I will deff take a look ne ways. This kinda has me stumped.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magman313 View Post
    The disks are brand new out of the package, yes my warp is clear, the disks are spinning. If the drive belt was slipping wouldnt i be able to see it in the disks movement? I will deff take a look ne ways. This kinda has me stumped.
    hmm...i wonder if maybe the disks were not correctly installed? maybe put them on the wrong side of a washer or something, so they're wider than they should be? just swinging in the dark, i've never had one apart.

might as well check it out, it was the first time ive ever replaced the disks myself.