Thread: Frustrated with x valve

Frustrated with x valve

So I have been trying to get this xvalve that I bought to work, and it seems like when I fix one problem, another one comes up, and I need help. So here is what's going on:

Level 10, ult, xvalve
    Tank is putting 800psi into marker.

When valve was purchased, it was not leaking, but would not fire. Followed the forum instructions on level 10, and matched a new oring with carrier and medium spring (carrier 1.0 seemed to fit nicely). Put everything back together, no shims, and leaking out of the front and out of the pressure release out of the back of the reg. So I took it all apart, changed out just about every oring that I could find, leak slowed, but was still present. So I tried a different oring with a properly matched size (1.5) and it leaked worse.
    So I went back to the first one and now it leaks more than before. Normally I wouldn't care about a small leak, but I am getting maximum 200 shots out of a 50/45k. What on earth do I try now? Can I send it to somebody to look at?

It may seem like an obvious question but nowhere do you mention oiling the valve. You would be amazed at the amount of leaks some oil will help with.

Good suggestion, but I did add oil to each oring after each reassembly, so I don't think that's it. Thanks for the idea though.
    Last edited by Ambassador Koth; 07-20-2015 at 06:59 PM. Reason: typos. lots, and lots of typos.

Forgot to mention that when I hold down on the trigger, the leak stops. Is this relevant?
    Also, I don't think it's a level 10 issue because I tried putting a level 7 bolt on there with old pt and the leak is still there

If it is leaking out the back, it isn't related to the level 10 orings. If the velocity(pressure) is turned up too far, it will leak out the back. If it won't fire, then it probably isn't a high velocity issue. A leak out the back is usually a regulator seat oring or a regulator valve pin oring. If the orings are new, then they are probably ok. Make sure the orings and the valve surfaces are clean. Wet the orings with some light synthetic oil when putting them back in place. The oil will lubricate the surface of the oring and allow it to move into place easier. That way it will seal quicker when air is applied.

If the 1.0 carrier leaks with the new oring, try the 0.5 carrier with the same oring. Add a bit of oil to wet the orings. What is the condition of your sear? Wear on the tip could cause leaking out the front because the bolt would sit farther forward and allow the vent hole to be exposed.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

If holding the trigger stops the leak out the front, then it is definately a powertube issue.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    rgr, needs a smaller carrier. the issue is you changed the carrier and the carrier o-ring at the same time. just change the carrier...you are adjusting for the size of the o-ring. as athomas mentioned, move to the next smaller carrier while using the same o-ring.

Thanks for the help guys! I actually ran out of air, will give her another try this weekend when the field is open and post back up