Thread: Organizing a Splash Anodizing run?

Organizing a Splash Anodizing run?

Going through my parts today and deciding what is staying and going got me thinking. I have seen some WTBs or Stickied posts of people looking for matching splash anodized parts. I have a few pieces that I have considered along the way getting matched since I cant find what I am looking for, but cost has been the main factor in that not happening. I know there are others in the same boat and wondered IF I or someone was able to find an good anodizer willing to take on such a project, how many people would be interested and at what price levels would people be interested? It would allow people maybe to match missing parts, get scratched parts redone, or even match parts never originally included such as modern on/off ASA's. I know getting the colors right would be essential and obviously someone would have to organize it, but I wonder if we took say 40-50 parts to someone and had them anodize them all at one time if we could get a significant price reduction that would make it worthwhile?

Thoughts?

*Edit: Not interested in hearing from those concerned about it flooding the pool with non-original splash parts. This is simply exploratory and just seeing if there would be much interest. For purely selfish reasons, I would probably initially try to get a quote for either Red/black sponge/gold splash or Camo Splash.

I'm more of an acid wash kind of guy myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post
    I'm more of an acid wash kind of guy myself.
    It's a good day when you get trolled by the admin. Lol.

if in that list of parts that is going is the dallara body and rail id be interested.

but as far as having parts matched i wouldn't be interested, i feel like it takes away from some of the satisfaction of actually searching for the parts.

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    if in that list of parts that is going is the dallara body and rail id be interested.

I have people that work with me that are way ahead of you.

that's ok more than willing to wait to get one from someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    that's ok more than willing to wait to get one from someone else.
    Sounds good, but doubtful for what I already have offers for it. And I'm not currently selling it so no worries.

interesting idea but timing would be everything right now with little or no overtime to pay for toys. i can also see where this could turn into something like the last jersey order we did in late 13/early 14.

It absolutely could, but this is more just to see how many would be interested if it could even be done. By the lack of responses, I would say it must not be of much serious interest. Pity.
    Last edited by OPBN; 07-24-2015 at 09:00 PM.

If i can get my stuff all together i have a ripper body,feedneck,rail,barrel,asa id love to get done in retro splash,trying to source a frame now

Red black sponge gold splash would suit me just fine☺

I have a couple of pieces I have been looking at getting matched banzai green (Green, black sponge, silver splash) but just concerned whether the anodizer can match the green. I spoke with Caustic once and he said he would have to mix his own to try and match it. But 3 small pieces: feedneck, clamp, and grip extender.
    Stay Classy, AO...
    BEO: RIP / Topgun Paintball: RIP / Old MCB: RIP

The problem you may run into is everyone wants something different which won't lower costs.

That's why I was more or less wanting to specify certain ones. Honestly the lack of interest makes me think it's a dead end. I may post up a couple of other places to see if maybe there's more interest elsewhere.

Just found the thread, i'm looking to anodize 12 to 15 pieces (maybe more) in a retro splash and was undecided between the blue black and silver combo or red black and silver combo, but after looking at some more pics of the red black and gold- Id be interested in going with the gold. This is a great idea if the price is right.