Thread: Classic RT not RTing

Classic RT not RTing

I've been shopping for my first classic RT and have received a few offers. One in particular is a gun in very good condition with all the parts that I want already on it. But it does not produce any rapid fire or trigger bounce, even with a Ninja SHP tank set to 1100 psi. Not that I intend on necessarily shooting at people with such a rig, mind you. I merely prefer that my RT be capable of unloading 25 bps in case I should ever be attacked suddenly by a rabid tree stump while minding my own business in my backyard.

The owner was never able to resolve the issue. Could the length of the on/off pin be the culprit? Or could something be wrong with the regulator? Could it be something that is not fixable?
    Last edited by ghost flanker; 07-25-2015 at 02:02 AM.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    there could be a number of issues...rt pin too long (stock length is .750"), new o-rings that are too tight (needs oil / broken in), dry o-rings (need oil), level 10 carrier too tight (bolt stick, if applicable), level 7 power tube o-ring too tight / spacer too short (if applicable), mechanical jamming (make sure bolt moves freely back of forth without the bolt spring / make sure sear can pivot freely and that the bearing is not seized), something clogging the air lines / valve.

Well, at least L10 issues are out. I forgot to mention it has a level 7 bolt. And apparently it shoots just fine. It simply refuses to rapid fire.

Also, were there ever any mods that people intentionally did to their RT mags for eliminating trigger bounce to make them tournament legal?
    Last edited by ghost flanker; 07-25-2015 at 10:42 AM.

i have six(or is it seven) RT Classics and they all bounce at different rates off the same bottle. you said it has all the parts on it you want already, what are they? grip frame changes can affect the bounce, the trigger rod may need adjusted, etc.

I've not had much luck getting either of mine too bounce.....

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    I've not had much luck getting either of mine too bounce.....
    Thought the guns bounched when you threw them on the ground, frustrated when they weren't working?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Thought the guns bounched when you threw them on the ground, frustrated when they weren't working?
    One fires fine, just wont RT.

Everyone has worked on the other one.

I will tear into that one soon as I get time and air.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost flanker View Post
    Well, at least L10 issues are out. I forgot to mention it has a level 7 bolt. And apparently it shoots just fine. It simply refuses to rapid fire.

Also, were there ever any mods that people intentionally did to their RT mags for eliminating trigger bounce to make them tournament legal?
    You can mill the top of the on/off pocket so that it accepts a ULT kit, which makes it even more difficult to bounce (but not impossible).

The easy thing is to get/keep some different length on/off pins. Run the stock pin for little bounce, and something like a .735 for more.

I'm suspicious of the break-in on my RT. It tries to RT a little at 950psi. First, I have doubts that it has seen as many cycles as my x-valves, even though it is older. I think I'm the second owner. Second, I suspect that the reg pin o-rings became old and hard before they broke in, making them slower to get to smooth operation. The x-valve I bought new piddled around RT for a while, then one day it opened up and started humming along. I had to keep dialing back the pressure from 1100, eventually down to 900 to keep the rof down to 15 bps.

I'm pretty sure I have a 750 on/off pin in there now, since the original was broken.
    Last edited by Spider-TW; 07-27-2015 at 09:22 AM.