Thread: Got out and Played for the first time in years.

Got out and Played for the first time in years.

A friend invited me to a private woodsball field (real field, but invite only). It was a pretty badass field, actually. Several forts and good cover/ravines throughout. I don't have any good camo anymore, so I just rocked my yellow AO "Pneumagger" jersey from back in the day.

My buddy lent me a mask and tank so I took the Karta Emag and Duckslide Phantom. I chronoed them around 295-305 and went to play. No one recognized either but they drew alot of attention since they're pretty unique. I was very surprised that they chronoed well, shot great and had no major problems after sitting so long unused. Unfortunately, the RT shredded a banjo oring at the chronograph, so it never made the field.

The guy said any firing modes were allowed, and I just smiled... because I'm pretty sure no one had ever seen an Emag in Hybrid mode, let alone Hybrid-Autoresponse with a 20bps Cap (Reflex Board). The thing straight up RIPPED just using an old crossfire 800psi tank. Pretty nasty and so easy to sweetspot with that hybrid. During the longer strings it would easily outrun the old Eggy 3 or Halo B loaders I had with me and then chuff... not one broken ball all day with a handful of barrel-saving chuffs (Valken Infinity). I never had to touch the Level 10 either. It just worked. A bunch of people were pretty surprised when I told them how old "emags" are.

I can't believe I took this long to play again. Man, I really need to get a mask, one of them newfangled Ninja SHP tanks, and my Qloader setup working.
    I didn't put any marks on the emag while playing, but I feel bad tempting fate. I might finish the Euro Xmag project I have and use it as a beater.

That's what it's all about, fun.

I understand the infamous SP patent expires next year.......

Did the SP patent cover the Hall Effect Sensor; or just (mechanical) microswitches?

I thought it was any solenoid that fired a paintball marker, which is why it scared off sear trippers as well as air-redirecting solenoids (help me out with the technical term), regardless of how the solenoid was activated.
    Last of the Salzburg Clan

http://haveblue.org/tech/patents/index.html

Smart Parts has many patents....

Quote Originally Posted by Pneumagger View Post
    Did the SP patent cover the Hall Effect Sensor; or just (mechanical) microswitches?
    Their patent pretty much covered all electric triggers. The right legal challenge probably could have beat it, but Smart Parts banked on the fact that most of the companies in the paintball business were smaller operations and didn't have the money. There are a lot of patents in the patent office like that.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Awesome to hear. I just got out today for the first time in many years as well. Brought my son to play his first game. I had a blast. Had a few barrel breaks and what might have been one chop (I need help tuning lvl 10), but other than that, it ripped. Got some odd looks too Name:  IMG_20150509_172252_111.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  131.3 KB
    Feedback
    God is good