Thread: Emag valve on intelliframe: Shooting/chuffing issues.

Emag valve on intelliframe: Shooting/chuffing issues.

I wouldn't really call it a chuff. Here is my setup:

Emag valve that I pulled off of my emag.
    Level 10 that was already on the emag valve. (Has about 5 or 6 shims in it to get it working.)
    Classic Rail.
    ULE Body that I also pulled off of my emag.
    CP detent, recently installed.
    Intelliframe.

The emag valve and ule body worked when they were on my emag.

I just put this set up together, and I was able to fire about 100 balls, no problem. After that, the gun started to chuff/fart out one ball, and then shoot the next ball at full velocity. And it did this. For about 70 balls. Chuff/fart one, shoot one. The pattern never varied. I turned the gun off and then on quite a few times, and it was the exact same thing.

I swear I read stuff about how if you use an emag or xvalve on a classic rail or with an intelliframe that you had to use a different on/off, but I can't find that info anymore. So, the question is, do I need to change the on/off (and if so, why) or is it some level 10 tuning problem?

Emag on offs have a shorter pin and different o rings.

Try a different on off.

Or try replacing the black (quad) o ring.

If you have a standard length pin try replacing that too.

Also, try adjusting how tight you have the FS screw. I had the same thing happen when all I changed was the frame. Just needed to loosen the thumb screw.
    Feedback
    God is good

It sounds to me like your level 10 isn't tuned properly. If you need 5 - 6 shims to make it work, then there are other issues at play. The valve should always shoot and reset no matter how many shims are installed. The shims only help if the valve fires, hits something in the breach, but hasn't moved far enough to vent air, and then can't reset because it hasn't vented air. If it can't fire, or fires and can't reset, or fires and chuffs in any way, then shims won't help. You have other bolt stick issues in that case, usually related to a carrier being too tight.

An electronic emag frame can fire and hold the sear out of the way. A mechanical frame may not hold the sear out of the way long enough for the bolt to reset, so it will exagerate any bolt stick issues that you never noticed with the emag using the same valve.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.