Thread: Emag booted, doesn't boot anymore

Emag booted, doesn't boot anymore

Hey guys,

Recently went paintballing for the first time in years and rented equipment and it rekindled the paintballing fire, dug my old Emag out and booted it up, gave it a little wipe down and fiddled a little without airing it up. I went to charge up the battery and now... the mag doesn't boot. Tried continuing to charge it and still no luck, opened it up and all seems to be in working order, nothing seems like it's burnt out or missing, and I didn't change anything from when it booted to now. Only let the battery charge a bit more. Wondering if anyone has any insight into my problem? It has Xmod 1.8 loaded with an X-Valve if that makes any difference to anyone.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Saddened Emag user Fentyn,

Did you touch the lower magnet in the trigger? If it's too close it won't boot.

Nope, haven't touched. I did read somewhere that if it was too close it wouldn't boot so I have actually moved it further away. Still no dice

Do you have a multimeter to test the battery? I've had many, typically older or well-used, batteries puke out while recharging. They charged up, and ran fine the previous cycle. Go to recharge them, and they just don't want to work anymore.
    Last of the Salzburg Clan

Hmm, don't have one to hand but can scrounge one up, what reading should I get out of a good battery? Can I get a replacement if it is bad?

If the battery was stored without being maintained at a full charge, there is a pretty good chance that it is bad. A fully charged Emag battery pack should read at least 19.6V. It may read more than that when it first comes off the charger, but you should let it sit for an hour or two before measuring to get the true reading.

You can get new battery packs. There are new ones sold here on AO or you can get one directly from AGD. Most of the new ones are a higher capacity than the original 650mAh packs.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Thanks, seems to be the problem. Now I've got another problem! Haha, new thread for it I guess...

i have batteries.