Thread: Medusa advice

Medusa advice

So recently picked up a medusa frame (no magnets), and am noticing that since installing on my RT classic my trigger actuating rod doesn't seem to want to go forward and I'm getting a noticeable leak down the barrel... Anyone have any experience with these frames?

grip frame screw & field strip screw ; too loose ,, too tight ,, maybe

Check the trigger rod adjustment. Should be credit card thickness from the back of the trigger when aired up.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    the grip panel screws aren't too long are they? if they're too long, they can rub against the clevis and prevent the sear from moving freely. i'd take the valve out, and remove the grip panels, and make sure the sear rotates freely. the frame is on straight, right? is the frame screw the correct length? the medusa frame is a lot thicker than other frames and needs a longer frame screw. i would loosen the frame screw, take the banjo bolt out, and with the frame screw loose, put the valve and banjo bolt in and tighten the banjo bolt down. then tighten the frame screw.
    Last edited by Cyco-Dude; 08-11-2015 at 07:26 PM.

So tried taking frame off, and it appears I have a bigger problem that may or may not have been the cause... so my banjo bolt will NOT come all the way out, no matter how much I turn it. even if I put downward pressure. And now when I try and put it back in it just stops.

I think I may need to just send it to a professional.

your o rings, most likely the middle one has swelled and came out of its groove on the banjo bolt. i've had to get pretty ugly with some of mine before. its also the primary reason you see so many without the sight rail since you have to take the body off to get it apart sometimes. i have quite literally used a screwdriver and a pair of channel locks to remove some of them the nicked up frames being the evidence.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    try to unscrew the banjo just enough so the valve will come out. next, take the frame screw out and remove the body. what has likely happened is the middle of the banjo bolt o-ring came out of it's groove and is preventing the banjo bolt from being removed. simply get something like a small flathead screwdriver and stuff the o-ring back down. you just kinda work it from the sides...it should pop back into it's groove with enough poking lol.