Thread: Will Any Microswitch Work?

Will Any Microswitch Work?

For hyperframes and ELCDs, will any microswitch activate the solenoid properly? I understand it has to fit in the frame, but beyond that, are there any other variables that would prevent one similar switch from not working with one of these frames/boards? Like, I see all the 12a and 5a, 125/250v crap, and I don't know whag it means or if it's relevant.
    Feedback
    God is good

Completely ignoring your question I have the perfect switch and new screws on sale, second post>>
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...ng-Sept-1st%29
    These are super light and very walkable.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Completely ignoring your question I have the perfect switch and new screws on sale, second post>>
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...ng-Sept-1st%29
    These are super light and very walkable.
    Saw that. I'm actually eyeballing that trigger and want to put it in an elcd. The reason I was asking was because I have a few other microswitches. One is actually from you years ago, but I have a smaller pmr style switch with an arm that is stupid light.

Any microswitch will work. Not dealing with high currents in this application so the only variables you may consider are activation pressure and number of switch cycles.
    Forest Gump of paintball

Its low voltage and fairly low current. You'd be fine using pretty much anything. Single pull single throw (SPST), normally open. Pop in what you have and find out, you won't hurt anything with a wrong one. Polarity doesn't matter either as the switch just completes the circuit. If all else fails, Luke won't steer you wrong

Awesome. Thanks guys.