Thread: Emag in mech problem

Emag in mech problem

Hey guys, my battery is dead and I've ordered a new one. Still wanting to try to using it in mechanical. Problem is, it doesn't work there either. My on/off originally had a whole bunch of shims in it and the sear wouldn't come forward. I tweaked a few things and then it would fire randomly, occasionally when I hadn't even pulled the trigger. I took all the shims out, and now I have RT, but it won't fire at all. Played with the regulator, turned it all the way in, never get a leak, but still never fires. Added one shim to see if that did anything. Still nada. Marker has been sitting in a box for years, but worked fine prior to being stored....

Any thoughts?

An emag shouldn't have any shims in the on/off. I'd double check your on/off to make sure it isn't a ULT, which is incompatible. Also check the on/off pin length, should be 0.712". Also check the trigger rod length and make sure thats correct. 2.125" I think. Another thing would be to make sure you have a quad oring, rather than a regular one.

Ah, did a bit more looking. I do have a ULT on/off. It has an x valve if that makes any difference. Not positive about the quad o ring thing.... Will try and measure the pin and sear length. Not sure how to measure either to that degree, not positive how to even get the sear out haha

The ULT doesn't have the return force to properly move the heavier sear assembly of the emag.

Your X-valve isn't setup for use in an emag. You need an emag on-off assembly. Basically, it is a retro on-off assembly with a shorter 0.712" on-off pin and a quad oring for the on-off top oring.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Well, it did work... I used it set up this way for a few years. I didn't use mech mode much though.... Can I just switch the on/off? Or do I need a whole new valve?

You just need a new on/off assembly with .712" pin and quad oring. Contact Tuna. He'll get you what you need.

Concerning it working before, it definitely wasn't optimized. Get the new on/off assembly, X-Mod 1.8 (if you don't already have it), and see what an E-Mag can really do!
    Last edited by nak81783; 08-14-2015 at 07:48 PM.
    Last of the Salzburg Clan

Ya, I saw that tuna had some stuff. Looks like I only need to change the back (circular part) as the front square part appears the same. True?

I do have Xmod 1.8, one of the last upgrades I got before I stopped playing much. That and a never used Scepter barrel kit.

I need to get a battery from tuna so it works out! Stoked to be back in the game! Looking at building a new mag too now, always wanted a pneumag with eyes or something.... Logic still make a pneumag frame? Saw tuna has a new frame too.... Decisions, decisions!

No, the entire ULT assembly needs to be replaced with an RT on/off with .712" pin and quad oring.

Someone else will have to chime in on the pneumag. I have no experience with them. Search the recents threads. There was something on electros vs pneus vs mechs. Good luck, and have fun with whatever build you decide on.

Quote Originally Posted by Fentyn View Post
    Well, it did work... I used it set up this way for a few years. I didn't use mech mode much though.... Can I just switch the on/off? Or do I need a whole new valve?
    Sometimes the ULT will work. It just isn't ideal and can cause issues. If everything is tuned properly and you are using a good air tank regulator, you might get away with it until something gets dirty and slows down the sear rotation. You just need to switch the on-off assembly as mentioned.

A pneumag is an air assisted mechanical trigger frame. It can't use eyes. The level 10 takes care of that though.