Thread: Paint not breaking

Paint not breaking

I bought a case of empire heat from a local fpo field on June 5 and used only a bag at that time. I stored the paint in my home and rotated the paint to keep it shootable. I live in a humid and hot area but the temp inside my home stays between 70-76 degrees F.

When I took my paint back to the field they told me it has been over three months since they have sold that type paint and that it was too hard to shoot because it was so old. I have always considered this paint to be very hard and experienced multiple bounces practically EVERY round i played.

The owners placed all blame on me. I feel that I kept the paint in a suitable climate and that the paint they USED to sell was defective when I purchased the paint.

Can someone that is familiar with Heat paint chime in on quality of this specific paint? Any other thoughts or opinions are welcomed.

My question would be...why has it been 3 months since they sold that type of paint and why did they quit selling it.

If the paint is stored properly it will last for years. As long as the moisture in the humidity doesn't actually contact the paint, there will be no effect on the paint. If the paint is round, it is good. If it is tough now, then it was probably tough when it was purchased.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Sounds to me like they just want to sell you more paint.

Buy some and use the old stuff anyway....

After all, you did buy it from them.

if you don't play often ,, when you buy a case ,, have the counter guy mark the box ,, date & name , then there are no ?'s

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Sounds to me like they just want to sell you more paint.

Buy some and use the old stuff anyway....

After all, you did buy it from them.

i made the same point to the owner, that i bought the paint from them and if it was defective it came that way when i purchased the paint . he went on and on about how old the paint must have been . my buddie showed him his credit card statement that proves he purchased the paint less than 90 days ago.

Sounds like a chister to me.

Did the owner actually forbid you from using it? If so, I would most likely walk away and never visit that field again. I understand that a lot of fields are FPO and that's how they make their money, but it has always been my understanding that as long as the paint is actually from that field it was allowed to be used unless it could be proven to be unsafe. With that said, I did once play at a BYOP field and kept getting pelted with paint from another field that was apparently so old that they fill had turned to a powdery goo. It was like getting hit with paintballs filled with Wasabe paste. Hurt like heck and the guy with it was asked to please stop using it. He admitted later on that it was several years old.

If the unused paint you stored was kept in the original, unopened bags and you rotated it and kept it inside, there is no reason it wasn't good. As was said, paint can last years of properly cared for. I love the dessicant being placed in bags of paint now. Sealed bags with silica dessicant inside should really store well in long-term scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Did the owner actually forbid you from using it? If so, I would most likely walk away and never visit that field again. I understand that a lot of fields are FPO and that's how they make their money, but it has always been my understanding that as long as the paint is actually from that field it was allowed to be used unless it could be proven to be unsafe. With that said, I did once play at a BYOP field and kept getting pelted with paint from another oooofield that was apparently so old that they fill had turned to a powdery goo. I'mIt was like getting hit with paintballs filled with Wasabe paste. Hurt like heck and the guy with it was asked to please stop using it. He admitted later on that it was several years old.
    Yes the owner said I could not use the paint because it was too hard even though he knew it came from his field. The paint was only a couple months old and in the original unopened bags. I was taken back by his lack customer service. I actually lost my cool with the guy because I felt he sold me it to me already in a defective state. I will be calling the manufacturer to see if they can also weigh in on this issue.

I'd find a new field.

Sounds like he won't be open long anyways.

You would need the lot number from the case so they could tell you when it was manufactured.
    If the field doesn't order by the pallet it may have gone through a wholesaler.
    Forest Gump of paintball