Thread: Updated Emag question/possiblities

Lightbulb Updated Emag question/possiblities

I am, by no means an "airsmith", "electronic engineer", or "human" ... With that said please show me mercy!

Seeing all the AGD ripoffs (Axes, VIS and VCOMs, Shockers and EVRYTHING else! ) running around today; Makes me wonder how hard it would be to recreate the emag with the tech we have today. How cool would it be to run something like a Lukes' T-Rex and Scenario Dreams' Universal T-Board. (They both start with T... It's like it was meant to be!) Let's take some cues from the Avengers. Please Paintball Wizards, unite once again and let's create a more modern CUSTOM Emag. I'd love to turn heads on the field while I'm painting the other guy.

To be fair I am a computer doctor (not to be confused with a hardware surgeon). And... I do have access to CAD and a machine shop (once again still not enough to actual make anything.)

-love

I can say with confidence that AGD will never produce a new EMag. People in the know have made it clear that unicorns are more likely to fly out of TK's butt than that happening. With that said, there have been a couple of runs of clapper style E-Frames made (VER, E90), but they were low quantity and quite expensive. There was also a bit of time where EGO Mags were being built using the electronics and frames from EGOs to trip a ram. Kits are around to make PneuMags and someone will probably use of of Luke's LPR foregrips to make an E-PneuMag sometime soon if it hasn't already be done. Maybe someone will even come out with a kit, but whatever it is it will be aftermarket, not from AGD.

As far as a factory made E-Mag, I've heard arguments that Minis, Axes and Phenoms were truly the next generation E-Mags and the closest we will ever get to a new factory produced product from AGD.

Thanks OPBN!

That kind of answered my question. I wasn't looking for a solution from AGD. Although, that would be Amaze-balls!!! . If no body has already started work on this, I guess it's my turn to head up the reigns. It will be a slow process for me as I am a big noob, never have done ether of these things. E-PneuMag with eyes. That sounds sweet!

ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

To be quite blunt, everything you need to do this is essentially already out there. Luke even does a hidden eyes mod on bodies/rails. Using one of his LPR foregrips and an EGO/Etek frame you could pretty easily come up with something. I actually have a frame, board and internals if Im not mistaken if youre interested. Might be letting them go since the chances are slim and none that I will ever get around to getting it done.

About the hidden eye: I'm not sure if I wanna go total sleeper or higher performance (Break beam)
    Are you saying you have a T-Rexed set up or is it un-modified? I have a working Emag and Racegun cocker.

Hidden eyes are break beam.

What Laku said. All I meant was Luke used to offer milling services to bodies and rails to install break beam eyes. And I meant I have an Ego5 frame iirc that was ready to be modded for a conversion.

Thanks again Laku and OPBN for the tips! What is the advantage of using an Ego5 frame over a disemboweled e-mag frame? Other than modding AGD art...

Also iirc??

Quote Originally Posted by fiforever View Post
    What is the advantage of using an Ego5 frame over a disemboweled e-mag frame? Other than modding AGD art...

You can use ego 5 board or after market ego board instead of having to make custom attachment for one and figuring out trigger switch for emag.

And there's still room for battery, SMC noid and rammer. LPR needs to be located elsewhere.

Also iirc??
    If I recall correctly.
    Last of the Salzburg Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    You can use ego 5 board or after market ego board instead of having to make custom attachment for one and figuring out trigger switch for emag.

And there's still room for battery, SMC noid and rammer. LPR needs to be located elsewhere.
    This. Other than modding the frame to line up properly there isn't a lot else that needs to be done. There are a few threads around detailing how to go about converting one over.

OPBN, How much are you looking for your ego5 frame?

OPBN, How much are you looking for your ego5 frame?
    I saw your pm a couple of weeks back and have just been swamped. I have most of the parts needed for the complete build. Frame, ram, noid and the stock board is intact. All it needs is some milling to reposition the mounting holes and to accept the ram. I would need to check around for current prices. Pm me an offer if you want. In the process of getting things together for a huge sale just haven't had the time.