Thread: BEWARE! Craiglist scam add

BEWARE! Craiglist scam add

Hi everyone,

I am not sure if you have seen this add but this is a scam:
    http://newhaven.craigslist.org/bar/5158722025.html

This equipment belongs to me, it is in Brazil and absolutely not for sale or trade! I will try to contact CL but as I am in Brazil and never used it, I'm not even sure how to do it. I appreciate if more knowledgeable people in the US can help me with that.

Thanks, captian pinky for bringing it to my attention!

Mendel.

Looks like it was flagged for removal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post
    Looks like it was flagged for removal.
    Yep. Just in case this pop-ups again, this is what he was offering there:

An older pic of one of my walls. He wanted to trade it for $1,000 worth of something:

There is at least six times that amount in the picture.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    yeah i was about to say, that is an insultingly low number!

Wow! You really ARE a crazy Brazilian!
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    Wow! You really ARE a crazy Brazilian!
    Thanks! You got your hands over a few of those, actually!

I saw that one on cl actually. There was a second pic that was full of autocockers.

This one?

No. They were on a rug not a wall.

Question

Mendel, have you ever sold a marker ?

i think he sold that camo pump mag a couple months back or maybe some one sold it to him.

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    i think he sold that camo pump mag a couple months back or maybe some one sold it to him.
    Yep. That one, the Carter and the green Eclipse Cocker. I kind of regret selling the Carter though.

But to be very honest with you guys, my paintball career ended up being part of this forum and MCB, even though I'm not posting as I used to on either forums. I didn't play for the past 5 years (I know, what a shame!) and I also stopped buying new paintball stuff since I lost 5 markers in the airport here in Brazil, when I was returning from a trip to the US. On that occasion I lost a Sydarm, a PTP nickel Micro-Cocker with a Palmer's reg, a Razorback, a Rapide and a Splatmaster. I felt terrible! Today I sit in my home office surrounded by those paintball walls full of markers that I have dreamt of for many, many years feeling that I should sell them at one side and, at the other, feeling that the collection still isn't complete. Kind of sad, right?

I should dust it all off (including myself!) and get out and play but with the small kid and helping the wife on her store on Saturdays its been hard to do it. Didn't have much ME time for a while...

Those are walls of awesomeness!

You will probably get back into playing after your kids get older and life settles down a bit. If nothing else, the markers make a great conversation piece. I love your collection.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Hey guys ! I'm brand new to forums never really used them before. Not sure how everything works,but I just put up a "thread?" In the tech section asking for advice mods and general info with a pic of my new baby "which is still in the mail ....." I'd appreciate it if you could check out the thread and post your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    Those are walls of awesomeness!

You will probably get back into playing after your kids get older and life settles down a bit. If nothing else, the markers make a great conversation piece. I love your collection.
    Thanks man! That's what I'm hoping for! This is indeed my dream collection, at least when it comes to Mags. I really feel it to be "complete". The only body I miss is the Tac One, as I have sold both of mine over the past few years. Need to get another one and build another Mag around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveric08 View Post
    Hey guys ! I'm brand new to forums never really used them before. Not sure how everything works,but I just put up a "thread?" In the tech section asking for advice mods and general info with a pic of my new baby "which is still in the mail ....." I'd appreciate it if you could check out the thread and post your thoughts.
    Welcome! I just replied back on your thread.