Thread: Old / New mag project

Old / New mag project

An old paintball chum of mine recently came across a box full of paintball equipment we both thought was long gone.

Inside he found some goodies that used to belong to me:

-A grey/blue ULE mag body,
    -A X-valve with complete lvl 10 kit
    -A carbon fiber trigger frame (no grips)
    -A basic mag rail (not drilled for front grip)
    -A sear which seems to fit the body/frame/rail.

I bought these parts long ago (2004), but never got the puppy up and running. Along with the stuff he found, I've had a Tuna Rail in storage which I'm hoping to use.

Originally, I think I was trying to build a mag off of this warpig article... http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tech...utomag/ulemag/

I know nothing about mags so I have just a few questions.

If I use the Tuna Rail instead of the basic mag rail, can I throw a front grip on the mag without drilling? What parts would I need? Would I need to buy a different sear as well? Anything I didn't list above, I don't have.

I'm currently using a Ninja Pro v2 with all the shims out. My output is somewhere around 450psi. Is it going to make a big enough difference that I should monkey with shims to get the reg up to around 850 psi when using the Mag?

On the trigger frame, it looks like my only option is an intelliframe if that's incorrect, could somoene offer some suggestions? Thanks!

I'll throw some before/after pics when I get time.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Ford; 08-28-2015 at 12:39 PM.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    it depends on the exact rail, whether it uses an rt pro sear and sear pin or a classic sear (which is what you have now). you can drill the rail you have to mount a foregrip or vertical asa if you wanted. the holes are there, you probably just need to finish drilling it out (with a 1/4" drill bit).

yes, you would need to reinstall all shims back into the tank regulator to get the psi output back up to 800 psi.

there's no reason why you couldn't also use the carbon frame you have now. if you need grips, just post a wtb ad.

You definitely need to get the air pressure up over 800psi to run a level 10 X-valve properly.

It sounds like you have everything you need to make it work. You can find grips for your frame. Use the standard rail for now unless you can get a retro sear assembly for your Tuna rail. The standard rail can easily by drilled/punched out for a front grip. The rail has the hole already in place, but not finished all the way through.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Thanks for the replies.

Bigger thanks to Tuna and tunamart.com. They had all the little dink parts I needed and were quick to respond to my questions.

The marker shoots great. I bought a ULT but took it out after giving it a try... shoots a bit finicky for me.

the finished product:

Felt surreal working on a mech gun, but man... this thing is fun to shoot!

nice, seeing less and less of those tuna rails, make sure not to let that one go, unless you tell me first...I'm on the same page with you on the ult kits, they allow for a mag to rip and all but I prefer the stock rt on/off.