Thread: " winter paint "

" winter paint "

OK , i'm new to playin in cold weather ,, can someone explain what the difference is & how cold is too cold for regular paint ??
    Thanks

Cyco-Dude Guest
    different formulation fill and shell that is more resistant to getting hard / brittle in cold temps.

^^^ that is the theory. Thin, watery fill has been the only consistent attribute I have ever seen.

The most remarkable batch was for a January game near San Antonio (typical ~40F - 50F). "Made in Columbia" . "Store at or below 80F". What were the odds it made it from Columbia to Texas while staying below 80F? It was the worst I've ever seen. Dimples, warts, and egg shapes. Some were so hard you couldn't crush them in your hand. Others would fall 18 inches and pop open like a cracked egg. Very thin fill. Apparently, about 1 in 20 or so were the extra fragile ones, as that seemed to be the average number of shots we would get before another one broke in the barrel. With so many defects, you couldn't tell if the paint in the barrel made any difference.

Boo! Winter paint, boo!

the pro caps winter we tested year ago did exactly like it advertised. it was the proper brittleness and toughness at colder temps when regular paint was inappropriate.
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

i love shooting some post world cup evil through my pump seems to break on everything.

I can say Ive never used a "winter paint" yet. I just try to stay away from paints that are super brittle in the summer when looking for winter paint.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

way back in the dark ages we never played if the temp got below 60 because the paint got so hard. if its cold and hunting season is open i'll probably be hunting.