Thread: chronographing

chronographing

if i want to use a non paintball chrono how close to it should i be?

The manual for my Caldwell says you can be right at the first sensor. It's not a severe enough muzzle blast to throw off the reading.
    Last of the Salzburg Clan

I give my F-1 chrony a couple of feet. Part of that was from using CO2 markers where the gas from the muzzle would cause trouble. It is also a habit from real firearms, a few of which could rip the face of the display off if you got too close.

Yeah. Anything that can be read by the device can throw off the reading you get.

If you use a chrono that uses light sensing, as long as you don't expell muzzel gas, then there won't be an issue if you are really close. If you expell a muzzle gas like CO2, then give it some distance.

If the device measures reflection off a mass, then you have to be aware of any concenetrated air blast close to the device.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

I chrono at home before I go play with one of those little yellow baseball chronos and its always good when I get to the field.