Thread: does the agd bike grip fit on an rt classic grip?

does the agd bike grip fit on an rt classic grip?

Quick question, does the agd bike grip fit on an automag rt classic grip? Anyone know of brand new clear ones are available anywhere?

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by boo View Post
    Quick question, does the agd bike grip fit on an automag rt classic grip? Anyone know of brand new clear ones are available anywhere?
    you can use one, but you would need an rt pro vertical asa.

I was wondering about just the rubber part. They look similar underneath, but I'm not sure they are the same dimension.

I see bacci has them in stock http://www.baccipaintball.com/air1254.html, id just be pulling off the rubber and putting it on an rt classic grip.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    I was wondering about just the rubber part...
    hear me now, and believe me later (snl skit...any old farts remember? lol). if you want to use the agd bike grip on an rt classic, you need to also get the vertical asa. the rt classic and rt pro foregrips are one piece.

I believe this is the one piece rt pro grip, so does this mean the rubber part will also fit the classic rt grip? Or is this a different grip altogether? Or did they make the bike grip style rubber for the one piece grips?

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/...ium/minirt.JPG

Cyco-Dude Guest
    I believe this is the one piece rt pro grip, so does this mean the rubber part will also fit the classic rt grip? Or is this a different grip altogether? Or did they make the bike grip style rubber for the one piece grips?

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/...ium/minirt.JPG
    ok, you mean can you take the bike grip rubber and swap it with the rt classic / rt pro rubber. bit of miscommunication there! yes, you can do that...the OD of the aluminum handle on both grips is .875" (just in case you want to use some other mountain bike grip of your choosing). i did this, just now, to demonstrate:

the rt classic / pro rubber has a rubber groove that fits into a channel milled into the aluminum grip, which makes removal a little more difficult than on the bike grip (which can just slide down if pushed from the top). what i did, was just screw a macroline fitting into the bottom of the rt classic grip, get it on the floor, and push the grip down while twisting. the rt pro rubber would be slightly harder, as that grip is not a gas-through grip like the rt classic is.

anyway, i hope that answers your question now!

Sweet! Thanks for your help on that! So literally I can use other bike grips in that dimension? My foregrip has awesome ano so I was figuring out ways to still show it off.

Standard slip on bicycle grips have a 7/8" id so they should slide on. They'll be longer than the agd grip so keep in mind you'll be cutting them down when choosing a grip.

Now that I think about it a grip designed to work with twist shifters my be the right length. They were popular back in the 90s and maybe that's what agd originally used. Not as popular now but a well stocked bike shop may have some and of course online.

Andy
    Last edited by phy; 09-12-2015 at 09:26 AM.