Thread: Reflex board issue possibly HES

Reflex board issue possibly HES

So finally got around to installing my board (xmag). Board gets power but gun will not shoot in E mode. Tried to enter program mode and the trigger depression does not register so board will not even go into program mode. Before i have to send back everything since i believe its the HAL can anyone think of what else could be the issue besides the sensor. Do magnets on trigger wear out??

thanks guys
    who cares how your marker looks...just move fast and shoot straight

The magnets don't wear out.

You can check the trigger input (output of the HES) using a digital multimeter. It should be a board level voltage (usually 5V) when off, and near 0 V when activated by a magnet.

If you are unsure of the HES operation, disconnect it from the board. Then use a regular switch from the trigger input to ground. A regular switch will tell you if the board is working at least.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    The magnets don't wear out.

You can check the trigger input (output of the HES) using a digital multimeter. It should be a board level voltage (usually 5V) when off, and near 0 V when activated by a magnet.

If you are unsure of the HES operation, disconnect it from the board. Then use a regular switch from the trigger input to ground. A regular switch will tell you if the board is working at least.
    Thanks for the reply athomas...HES is working turned magnet around backed it up a bit and now HES works...board will now enter program mode.
    Tried some other suggestions from same post on BEO i think i've ruled out:

BAttery (new from AGD and charged)
    on/off has never been changed out so it is org. xmag one.
    plunger length looks good
    plunger moves freely when degassed...

not sure what to check now

Pics of set-up?

Is the connector for the solenoid plunger fully seated?

If the HES works and you can enter programming mode, it sounds like the plunger isn't receiving signal, regardless of on/off, rod length, etc.

With the marker degassed, pull the plunger up by hand and pull the trigger in E mode. Even with no gas the plunger should be receiving enough power to retract.

Just a thought...Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by SummaryJudgement View Post
    Pics of set-up?

Is the connector for the solenoid plunger fully seated?

If the HES works and you can enter programming mode, it sounds like the plunger isn't receiving signal, regardless of on/off, rod length, etc.

With the marker degassed, pull the plunger up by hand and pull the trigger in E mode. Even with no gas the plunger should be receiving enough power to retract.

Just a thought...Good luck
    Tried that as well and plunger does retract.

If the plunger retracts when fired, then the board is working properly. The plunger length from the tip of the plunger point to outer edge of the clevis is 3.005". That will ensure maximum power.

What is your dwell setting on the board? Make sure it is at least 15ms. If you are having issues, increase it to 25ms for troubleshooting.

plunger length has been checked...already upped dell to 30 with no change

Have you tried a different on/off? Could the pin be stuck? Does it move well if pulled in and out by hand? I have had a urethane o-ring turn to tar after sitting for a very long time.

Have you tried a different on/off? Could the pin be stuck? Does it move well if pulled in and out by hand? I have had a urethane o-ring turn to tar after sitting for a very long time.
    Checked on/off...pin does move freely o-rings fresh...gun does shoot in M mode

Is your battery fully charged? Check this first.

How is the ground connection for the board? Do you have a way to perform an electrical voltage check at the solenoid when firing the gun? You would need a fast responding analog voltage meter for this. If the voltage dips drastically, then you have a connection issue or a bad battery pack.

Well I'm stumped. The only thing I think you could check is what athomas suggested and check the voltage supplier to the solenoid. I had an E-mag in a fairly standard set-up, but it would never work in E mode. I'm fairly convinced it was due to low voltage to the solenoid as it would retract if backed out by hand, but never fully handle straight E mode. Mech was fine like your scenario.

I have a reflex board and it has worked flawlessly. I wish the origanal E-mag boards were built like this to save a bunch of soldiering/voltage flow suspicions, plus the easy easy swap-out features are awesome.

Best of luck! If this is the first "bad" board from the Reflex line, it's the first I've heard of it...l

Hey mixwell,

Any luck? Between here and BEO, there should loads of tech material available as well as experienced users.

If all else fails, contact XMagTerror (the maker). I've dealt with him on more than several occasions and he is an absolutely stand-up guy. I'm sure he will help you in any way he can if all else fails

Best wishes!

If all else fails, contact XMagTerror (the maker).
    P8ntball4me made the Reflex board, not XMT, just to clarify...

I appreciate all the info guys...gonna go get a voltage meter aThomas suggested...the one i used was fairly old and maybe giving a false reading...hopefully this will pinpoint the issue..

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    P8ntball4me made the Reflex board, not XMT, just to clarify...
    Wow, that was a definite brain-fart on my part....

Good luck mixwell