Thread: barrell offset left

barrell offset left

I acquired a new barrell, due to my own misunderstanding I now have this problem to deal with, the barrell fits, and it does lock, but its designed for offset left feed bodies, just trying to think of my options with this conundrum. . .

the barrell needs to rotate about 3mm back to line up with the ball feed.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by rickenbacker22; 10-05-2015 at 05:37 PM. Reason: new pic

You can drill a dimple where it needs to be and then join the groove to the dimple to allow the twist lock assembly to get there.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

I think I need a good machinist to help me out there with that one. good idea, but I want my barrell to lock properly. Im wondering how hard it would be to make the feed to be offset right to match the barrell? Maybe I should just try to find the right barrell, it sucks, but at least I know it will lock properly,

Does the barrel have one slot or two? Are you sure the twistlock assembly isn't so tight that it's not allowing it to rotate to the final click/lock position?
    Last of the Salzburg Clan

Well I bit the bullett and I got it to work, its not perfect, I think I could drill the hole a bit deeper, but not too much,

hacked barrell

Name:  IMG_0246.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  37.1 KB

Usually the barrels install such that the opening is straight up and then rotate left or right (or both) depending on right or left feed. Since yours is only off a tiny bit when locked in place would indicate that maybe it isn't actually rotating all the way, as mentioned by nak81783.

You posted the pic as I was posting.

Seeing the pic, you have one of the barrels that has a wider rotation to lock. You have the right idea for the dimple. Drill it to the same depth as the other indentation at the end of the groove. Then connect the existing groove using a file or dremel. Just be really careful.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    frankly, the best (and easiest) thing to do is just get a different barrel. most automag barrels are plentiful and inexpensive.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    Usually the barrels install such that the opening is straight up and then rotate left or right (or both) depending on right or left feed. Since yours is only off a tiny bit when locked in place would indicate that maybe it isn't actually rotating all the way, as mentioned by nak81783.
    as i understand it, he needs a right feed barrel but has a left-feed-only barrel.

yes there is a cup here in Orlando soon I believe, maybe I will pick up a new used barrell there? I think the stock barrell looks way better than this heavy stainless longer one I bought with the gun. . .

Lots of good people selling lots of good barrels right here on AO, most for under $30 shipped. Why wait?

Cyco-Dude Guest
    lol no kidding! i've seen two automag barrels for every automag, at least. i'm pretty sure you can just reach out above your head and pull one out from thin air, that's how many there are!

I will just deal with it, thanks for the help.