Thread: New/old barrel is my new favorite

New/old barrel is my new favorite

About 13 years ago when I first started playing, my father and I both had 98 customs (as well as every other player at the time in my area.) The first upgrade I wanted was a new barrel. Being young and dumb and knowing that the bigger the price tag the better the item was I purchased a Dye Ultralite. My dad on the other hand went down to a local shop and picked up some funny cartoon pig barrel. It wasn’t Smart Parts or Dye so I knew it couldn’t be any good. After one game I sold that Ultralite and every time my dad couldn’t make it to a game I stole his Thunder Pig barrel.
    I upgraded my gun and no longer could use the Thunder Pig. I see them here and there for Spyders and Stingrays, But it wasn’t until just recently that the good old Thunder Pig name was brought up in a conversation that got me thinking. After a quick Ebay search, I found some that were autococker threaded, for only $10 with free shipping. Even if it sucked it was worth it just in memories. I then sent it to Xmagterror who was able to freak bore it for me.
    I was finally able to shoot it last Saturday.
    The best damn barrel I have ever shot. I was able to snap shoot my way out of so many tight spots were I felt out gunned. I was able to shoot out players with one shot. It was amazing.

On a side note Batteries Plus sucks.

I had one of these for my first gen Spyder Xtra in light blue. I thought it was the best barrel.

Ok lets hear the batteries plus story......

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Ok lets hear the batteries plus story......
    I had two batteries made up less than a year ago. The guy talked me into better cells saying that the ones I had were junk (AGD ones) and that he could put in better cells that could double my shot per charge and extend the overall life. A few days later my wife picked them up for me and brought them home. They had placed them back in the housing for me and since I had a game the next morning I just placed them on the charger and never inspected them. I have used them about six or seven games this year without any problem. This last game I charged both up and when I got to the field one was completely dead and the other lasted about half a game. After the game I took them out of the housing and found them wrapped in packing tape, some of the cells are different colors, the writing on some of the cells are smudged, and the plastic coating covering each cell are so beat up that pieces are missing. I feel like they just slammed some used batteries together. I know I should have inspected them, I just expected better from them.
    I was planning on using my X mag or E mag this last game but couldn’t. So I had to use a backup. Still kick ass tho. With any luck I can get some new batteries from Knownothingmags.