Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite non AGD/cocker marker?

I loved my dangerous power f8 in doo doo brown (they called it dark earth but really..)shot so smooth, easy to tune and maintain. Really regret trading it..

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyBeans View Post
    I LOVE the old fishies! I have a pair of Pro TS G3's myself cause I loved these guns when I was a kid but couldn't afford them.

Attachment 91874
    Here's a twin for sale

http://providence.craigslist.org/for/5263389672.html
    Stay Classy, AO...
    BEO: RIP / Topgun Paintball: RIP / Old MCB: RIP

Phantom or Cyborg is my go to marker if not using my Mag or Cocker
    Il n'y a point de sots si incommodes que ceux qui ont de l'esprit.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopay700 View Post
    Phantom or Cyborg is my go to marker if not using my Mag or Cocker
    I remember my first encounter against a guy with a Borg. I thought it was a cocker at first of course, but then the ROF was very notable and it had a distinct sound. I was shooting a decent cocker, but was scared s**tless when the guy started shooting at me ��

Quote Originally Posted by SummaryJudgement View Post
    I remember my first encounter against a guy with a Borg. I thought it was a cocker at first of course
    I'm confused. Isn't a Cyborg an open bolt pneumatically driven poppet similar to an Indimidator, Ego, Impulse, etc.?
    Last of the Salzburg Clan

I will also throw some props in for the new SP Shocker. Very sweet marker and much nicer than the Empire Axe Pro (which looks and feels horrible) at the same price point.

What I use when not using a Mag.....

Quote Originally Posted by nak81783 View Post
    I'm confused. Isn't a Cyborg an open bolt pneumatically driven poppet similar to an Indimidator, Ego, Impulse, etc.?
    http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/4907/cyborg013mo.jpg

The "original" Cyborgs . It looked like a cocker when I first saw it, but this was around 2004 I think...

I remember my first encounter against a guy with a Borg. I thought it was a cocker at first of course, but then the ROF was very notable and it had a distinct sound. I was shooting a decent cocker, but was scared s**tless when the guy started shooting at me ��
    Yeah, I shot one, then later bought an '07 Borg and never looked back. If I played more often I'd have an RX as well, but I rarely get out anymore.

The old ones based on a barely milled Merlin extrusion are cool, but I definitely don't prefer them.

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/4907/cyborg013mo.jpg

The "original" Cyborgs . It looked like a cocker when I first saw it, but this was around 2004 I think...
    .... um ......

k
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    .... um ......

k
    I thought they looked like an impluse with a pull pin.

Borgs r fast. But it did take a while for them to shake the brick look.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW View Post

I had an RX... I could rip on that platform, especially with the Violent trigger. some neat things they did with it like the enclosed bolt and extra milling.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW View Post

i loved my 05 borg

they just don't look like cockers. at all. impulse, box shocker, even intimidator maybe ... but not a cocker.

On a separate note, I had a guy (plenty old enough to know better) this past Sunday tell me his Ego WAS an Autococker. After I waited an awkward ten seconds for the punchline, I asked him to elaborate. He said it was because it automatically cocked when aired up.

I subsequently explained front pneumatics and a reciprocating back block to a blank stare.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    i loved my 05 borg

they just don't look like cockers. at all. impulse, box shocker, even intimidator maybe ... but not a cocker.
    I believe that this is to what he is referencing, and at a glance and on the opposing team, I guess I can sort of understand the confusion? If i saw it before the game started, there would definitely be no confusing it, but if it was mid game, then maybe.

I believe that this is to what he is referencing, and at a glance and on the opposing team, I guess I can sort of understand the confusion? If i saw it before the game started, there would definitely be no confusing it, but if it was mid game, then maybe.

Simply, yes...

Opposing starting boxes, stacked tube looking marker, surprised as heck when he started shooting at me . Not a point worth debating especially concerning the thread topic, but the confusion should be understandable

Until the SFT shocker came along I was a cocker/mag shooter only. I got a DarkShocker in 05 and it's accuracy, long ball, and very mag like feel in hand, have kept it in action for 10 years, even over many other guns that have passed through. I still have a OLED Luxe, G6R, E-blade, pump'd Lotus and a Threshold, AND a newly recleaned automag. But the shocker feels best in hand, especially in the quick snap, like I said, to me very mag-like which was my usual marker before.
    I like the new RSX shocker, but I'm not buying one. The one I shot was light, snappy shot, very accurate, and easy to bring onto target.

On a separate note, I had a guy (plenty old enough to know better) this past Sunday tell me his Ego WAS an Autococker. After I waited an awkward ten seconds for the punchline, I asked him to elaborate. He said it was because it automatically cocked when aired up.

I subsequently explained front pneumatics and a reciprocating back block to a blank stare.
    LMAO.... You can tell he is a newer player.

So far I've not used anything that I like as much or more than mag or cockers. But honestly. Anymore. As much as I love my Y grip. I doubt I find anything else.

Nummech drop forwards are now available for The Mini GS and Axe Pro. I'll get to see if the Axe Pro is a keeper.

I've always wanted to try a Y-Grip. Do you run a drop forward with it?

Nummech drop forwards are now available for The Mini GS and Axe Pro. I'll get to see if the Axe Pro is a keeper.

I've always wanted to try a Y-Grip. Do you run a drop forward with it?
    Offset drop forward. I've actually got 2 Ys. But only one is currently on an active gun. Perfect balance between the z and a vert frame to me.

Funny, I'm actually in the process of cutting my collection down to just a couple 'mags and a couple 'cockers, but I have owned a great big pile of markers over the years, so there are some other things I like to shoot as well, namely:

These three are pretty much cheating answers since they're so closely related to 'mags and 'cockers:
    • Sniper and Sniper-based pumps
    • PPS Blazer
    • ICD Desert Fox

Other:
    • Nelson pumps (Phantom, Carters, etc.)

That's it, for the most part. I'm really not much for electros. Rainmakers are enjoyable for the silliness factor, and I liked Angel LEDs/LCDs and Vikings and Excals, but I'm not in a hurry to pick up another e-gun at the moment. Just don't have a need for one.

Mine is a Palmer's Hurricane. It's technically not an AGD/Cocker product but a mold of the two together.

What part of a Hurricane is like an AGD marker exactly?

What part of a Hurricane is like an AGD marker exactly?
    The low profile. No need to be a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Automag Ranger View Post
    The low profile. No need to be a dick.
    Asking questions makes you a dick now? There is nothing mechanically in common between the two, hence my question; it wasn't meant maliciously.

Asking questions makes you a dick now? There is nothing mechanically in common between the two, hence my question; it wasn't meant maliciously.
    Your question was leading so that by my response you could provide this very feedback about them having nothing mechanically in common, of which I'm well aware.

You were looking for a response that you could jump on for being wrong; that makes the question a dick question.

Quote Originally Posted by Automag Ranger View Post
    Your question was leading so that by my response you could provide this very feedback about them having nothing mechanically in common, of which I'm well aware.

You were looking for a response that you could jump on for being wrong; that makes the question a dick question.
    I was trying to get clarification as to what you meant because I didn't see any similarity because of the mechanical differences. Having never owned or shot a Hurricane, maybe there's something to them that I'm not aware of. It was a legitimate question and the fact that you saw it as an attack is odd to me.

If I wanted to be a dick, I would have come out and said "you're an idiot, those have nothing in common" or something to that effect. I assumed that you knew that they weren't mechanically the same, that wasn't the point of my question, but rather what caused my question. I just wanted to know what similarities, if any, there were between a Hurricane and a Mag. I apologize for being curious I guess, won't let it happen again.

If I wanted to be a dick, I would have come out and said "you're an idiot, those have nothing in common" or something to that effect. I assumed that you knew that they weren't mechanically the same, that wasn't the point of my question, but rather what caused my question.
    That wouldn't have made you a dick; that would make you ignorant for implying that similarities could only exist (or not exist) between a marker's mechanics.

I think we're good now. Simple misunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Loguzzzzzz View Post
    My 05 Angel Speed Rasta is by far the smoothest Angel I have ever shot I kept this one and sold off the other 5

Always loved the "maple leaves"