Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite non AGD/cocker marker?

What's your favorite non AGD/cocker marker?

Just curious comrades

99% of my markers are either mags or cockers. Besides those I have a Blazer that is amazing and a really nice swirl mill Viking. I have an upgraded Mini that's a fun little shooter and a Tippmann B5 conversion with every upgrade possible. I also have a couple of "Franken-Trracer" projects I will show off soon and a good condition ICD Puma I had to have since it was one of the first markers I ever played with.

Soooooo....

What's your fave markers outside the old mag/cocker legacy?

I'm not a huge fan of buying "new guns". Most these days look almost exactly the same. I am partial to older Angels and actually had the Valken Proton catch my attention this week as it is supposed to be solid, reliable, a performer, and not quite as small a package as the Mini (and looks pretty decent too).

So please don't post if your answer is "the latest DM, Ego, etc. out-of-box". Those may be good today, but will loose value drastically and the next generation may not be that much more better anyway.

Just curious

My favorite all time shooter that I've owned was my black/blue Bob Long Alias. That thing shot SOOOOOO well. I regret getting rid of it. Thankfully I was able to Craigslist a used one a year or two ago that I need to get tuned up, but will shoot just as well as my old one.

My current go-to marker has been my Geo 3 with IV Core. It's just smooth and I love how it shoots.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    non agd gun...what blasphemy is this?

i will say that the etek 5 shoots very nice compared to egos / older eteks. the geo 3.5 is also very nice (lighter, smoother, quieter than etek 5). anything is a distant second to my minimag. it's like asking me "which hand do you like best, other than your dominant hand?" lol...

I like AKA vikings and excals, old school matrix's(shochtech,nyx toxic, etc.), But I've always had a mag of some sort as my preferred marker. Back in the day I ran Angel IR3's when i fist started to play speedball. before the pneumags and egomags.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    non agd gun...what blasphemy is this?

i will say that the etek 5 shoots very nice compared to egos / older eteks. the geo 3.5 is also very nice (lighter, smoother, quieter than etek 5). anything is a distant second to my minimag. it's like asking me "which hand do you like best, other than your dominant hand?" lol...
    I've had great shooting AGD guns - but my Xmag wasn't one of them. That thing was haunted.

Also...

There was a period when I had three or more custom label Impulses...

Aurora finished PE factory team Elcipse Impulse. Former owner a factory player and ALL parts for the Aurora were made for it. Outside of regular body set Aurora, the custom trigger frame, Fangs button covers, matching vert Max-Flo reg, drop, trigger, feed neck, and Boomstick tip were all PE Aurora pieces from the early 2000s probably?

The others I had were all in great condition. A great SIC Imp with all the trimmings, a Gold dust Python...oh, and another SIC later on...

If I'm not shooting a mag or a regular "sniper" pump, it is probably one of these two. A regulated 12g pistol or a modified ICD Lasoya Promaster. The pistol has an internal cocking kit lately. I have other stuff, but these are my non-AGD favorites.

Last edited by Spider-TW; 10-07-2015 at 12:01 PM.

Best shooting gun by far is my Empire axe.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Best shooting gun by far is my Empire axe.
    That's why I bought one. For the price, it shoots WELL above its weight class and can definitely compete with the 1200+ superguns out there.

Other then my mags my phantom would be my favorite. It has seen the most use of any of my guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

My 05 Angel Speed Rasta is by far the smoothest Angel I have ever shot I kept this one and sold off the other 5

......You know you want one!!

Love my CCM S6.5
    Shoot it 95% of the time I play. I just cant put it down, even to shoot a mag instead.

The only markers I've owned other than two Automags and one Autococker were a Spyder SE (my first marker), a Maverick (when we were trying to get a few games of pump play in per day), and a Nerve (No idea why I bought this. At least I got it used for $450-ish, not $1200+ when new), all of which were donated many years ago. Of those, I guess the Spyder.

Sad to admit, but outside of the above, in 16 years of paintball, I can probably count on one hand the number of other markers I've even tried. I guess I'm lucky to have such simple and relatively inexpensive taste.
    Last of the Salzburg Clan

I'd have to go with my 97 Angel, still has both the semi and full auto boards.
    Flying the unfriendly skies.

Whatever gun decides to work that day or whatever gun i pick that day. Amongst my choices are, but not all are necessarily in worming order: Axe, Eclipse Angel, DM4, Sovereign, cocker, Ego6, halfblock sniper clone and a plethora(literally a plethora) of ICD B2ks, Freestyles and Promasters.

I play no favorites, yet my Axe will always be with me, as well as my classic Mag. Those 2 will always be at the field no matter what.

The axe really is a great shooter. I have an axe and a DM15 for tournaments and honestly I prefer the axe. Both are nice though

my only non mags are a sheridan pg, a couple of splatmasters, my SL 68 II and a mint in the box F2 illustrator so its pretty much a mag for me.

Guns that I've owned other than an Automag or Cocker: Pro/AM, Cyborg RX, and an Axe. Far and away my favorite is the Axe. Smooth, well balanced, quiet, and looks great!

Stay Classy, AO...
    BEO: RIP / Topgun Paintball: RIP / Old MCB: RIP

Man.. good question. I've been through so many different markers its hard to count.. but I've pretty much gotten to the point where mags and cockers are all I've kept. Built a couple really stellar projects, and that's it. I do have an old piranha STS G3, the titanium blue one. My first gun. Other than mag/cocker.. My old Phantom, loved that thing - It was fun outting guys blowing through a hopper faster than you can toot.. with a single shot.

Mine was a WGP Ranger...not the modern...this was the little brother to the WGP Sniper back when the autococker was an aftermarket add on kit for their pump gun. The Ranger was a single tube Nelson based gun. It was the most accurate gun with the best range that I or any of my friends had. This was back before air tanks were allowed at official fields. I ran it with a WGP 12gram slam changer. "L" stock and the slam changer underneath the grip pointing forwards in what would eventually come to be known as Hawaiian style...long before they did it. I spent as much for a good point sight as I did on the gun and that sight lasted more than 10 years...used it on my automag and later an AK rifle.

I wore out and replaced the guts in it twice...bolt and such. The third time I decided it was time to replace it and bought my first automag in the early 90s. I still have it sitting around for old time sake.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSelfLost View Post
    I do have an old piranha STS G3, the titanium blue one. My first gun.
    I LOVE the old fishies! I have a pair of Pro TS G3's myself cause I loved these guns when I was a kid but couldn't afford them.

Name:  IMAG1265_zpsmn6zdick.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  151.5 KB

most enjoyable would be clone gti. most reliable my axe. I haven't even changed the battery in over a year!

ICE epic ...

wish i had kept mine.
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

CCM T2, I'd say. Although the Airow Apex Elite, the Lapco Grey Ghost / Grey Spirit and the Line SI Bushmaster are all high on the list as well.

I fancy myself the XJ 7000

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    Other then my mags my phantom would be my favorite. It has seen the most use of any of my guns.
    Exactly my thoughts! If its not a cocker or mag its a phantom!

Out of the 5 that i have owned coming in at 2nd place would be invert/empire mini/mini gs

Quote Originally Posted by zondo View Post
    Guns that I've owned other than an Automag or Cocker: Pro/AM, Cyborg RX, and an Axe. Far and away my favorite is the Axe. Smooth, well balanced, quiet, and looks great!

SEXY!

I have a Mini with the batt pack extender and gas-through drop. It's a gen1 I'm pretty sure, but it's a lot of fun. The base Minis are a tad too small for my likng (hence the extender), but I've got a really good deal on an Aura headed to me and look forward to putting some paint through it, although that's the only thing paintball-wise I can really do at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by SummaryJudgement View Post
    SEXY!

I have a Mini with the batt pack extender and gas-through drop. It's a gen1 I'm pretty sure, but it's a lot of fun. The base Minis are a tad too small for my likng (hence the extender), but I've got a really good deal on an Aura headed to me and look forward to putting some paint through it, although that's the only thing paintball-wise I can really do at the moment
    That was one thing I didn't like about the Mini, that it was too short for me. Almost like a classic mag with a foregrip.

The Axe has a little more reach, and even more if you pick up the extender. Some people don't like the look, but eh, if you're the one shooting it, they don't have to like it.

I just love the way this shoots and that it's easy to clean. I don't need to do anything to the gun... blaspheme, I know!

strictly in my opinion, the mini gs is a fantastic bargain in terms of performance. light, quiet, smooth, easy maintenance. just a completely underrated great marker.