Thread: New E-mag Battery Doesn't Fit

New E-mag Battery Doesn't Fit

Hey AO,
    I purchased a battery pack from AGD last weekend, and it arrived last night. Unfortunately, it doesn't fit in any of my battery housings. It is too wide. Has anyone else had this problem with the new 1000 mah packs? I'm measuring the new pack to be 42.61 mm wide and 21.8 mm tall. My housings are ~ 42.3 mm wide and 21.7 tall. My old batteries are 41.1 wide and 19.4 tall. I've tried cramming it in, but to no avail. The heatshrink sleeve has scraped off on the sides, but I can only get the pack in maybe a quarter of an inch.

Thanks,
    AE
    Last edited by ArmyEngineer; 10-08-2015 at 05:13 PM.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    if it won't slide in the case from the top, try sliding it in from the bottom.

Thanks for the reply. It won't go either way. It's shaving the sheath off of the cells, in addition to the pack heatshrink.
    Last edited by ArmyEngineer; 10-08-2015 at 07:49 PM.

the one i bought earlier this year was tight but it went without tearing itself up. hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    the one i bought earlier this year was tight but it went without tearing itself up. hmmmmm
    Yeah, I've tried it in 6 housings. It's a no go.

im guessing the wiring is protruding and wasn't routed totally in the crevasse of the batteries, I have that issue with mine that I offer some times.
    If its real bad I would send it back or get someone to fix it.
    if it is not shaving into the wires or the casing of the batteries you should be good.

im not 100% on this but just my thoughts.

the glue/tack holding the cells tirght may have gotten in between the batteries and caused the extra width.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    im guessing the wiring is protruding and wasn't routed totally in the crevasse of the batteries, I have that issue with mine that I offer some times.
    If its real bad I would send it back or get someone to fix it.
    if it is not shaving into the wires or the casing of the batteries you should be good.

im not 100% on this but just my thoughts.

the glue/tack holding the cells tirght may have gotten in between the batteries and caused the extra width.
    Thanks knownothing. I bet you're right. I did notice that the fuse is in an awkward spot. Hopefully AGD will help me out here.